This Raw Chocolate Cashew Tart has a crunchy almond crust with a rich, creamy cashew-chocolate filling.
As long as you’ve got a blender on hand, this chocolate cashew tart is incredibly simple to make. There’s very little hands-on activity, as most of the time involved is for chilling the tart until it’s firm.
Start off by processing the almonds in a blender until you get a fine almond meal. Transfer the almond meal to a large bowl, add melted coconut oil, and mix well to combine. Firmly press the crust mixture onto the base and sides of a greased tart pan, and place it in the freezer to chill for at least 30 minutes. I’ve used almonds for the tart crust, but if you prefer other types of nuts, feel free to replace the almonds with your nuts of choice.
While the crust is chilling, prepare the filling. Blend the soaked cashews, water, cocoa powder, honey, and melted coconut oil until you have a smooth, creamy mixture. (Scrape down the sides as necessary.) If the mixture is too thick, add one tablespoon of water at a time, until it becomes smooth.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook. Click here to get it!
By now, the crust should be firm, so pour the filling over the tart crust. Then all that’s left to do is wait while the filling chills in the refrigerator. Once it’s firm, tuck in and enjoy this amazing chocolate cashew tart!
Raw Chocolate Cashew Tart
Raw Chocolate Cashew Tart
- Medium tart pan
- Large bowl
For the Almond Crust:
- 2 ½ cups almonds
- ½ cup coconut oil (melted)
For the Chocolate Cashew Filling:
- 1 ½ cups cashews (soaked 1 hour and drained)
- ¾ cup water (or more as needed)
- ½ cup raw cacao powder
- ¼ cup honey
- ¾ cup coconut oil (melted)
- Grease a medium tart pan with coconut oil.
- Place the almonds in the blender. Blend until you get a fine meal.
- Transfer the almond meal to a large bowl. Add in the coconut oil, mixing well with a spoon.
- To create the crust, press the almond-coconut oil mixture into the bottom and sides of the tart pan.
- Let the crust chill in the freezer for at least 30 minutes (until it’s firm).
- Wash the blender.
- Put soaked cashews, water, cacao powder, honey, and melted coconut oil into the blender.
- Blend until thick and creamy.
- Pour the filling over the tart crust.
- Chill in refrigerator for 3 hours before serving.
Tip: If you don’t like almonds (in the crust), you can replace them with other nuts (such as walnuts, pecans, or hazelnuts). Just keep in mind that other nuts have stronger flavors than almonds, which tend to be more neutral in taste.
(You’ll Also Love: Buttery Paleo Chocolate Tart Recipe)