Join Neghar Fonooni, fitness & lifestyle coach, writer, veteran, and mom for today’s talk about motivation, gratitude and self-care.
Passionate about empowering women to love their bodies and harness their power, Fonooni shows women how to banish food guilt and embrace their best selves. Discover key tips for successful fitness training, how breaking out of your routine leads to success, and what Bill Clinton and imperfection have to do with one another. (Hint: It’s not what you think.)
If you’re local to Australia, check out Fonooni’s annual women’s-only retreat in Sydney, which she’ll co-host this Valentine’s Day weekend.
- 3:00 Neghar’s story: from the YMCA to the Air Force to blogging full-time
- 8:30 “People don’t buy coaching, they buy coaches”
- 10:00 Should women work out during their period?
- 15:00 Is restricting your diet causing you to binge?
- 17:00 Making food choices on the cost to benefit ratio
- 17:30 Why food guilt is twice as bad
- 24:30 “There’s 2 kinds of people: Those who need tightening and those who need loosening”
- 26:00 ‘Getting Drinks’ doesn’t count: Study shows how breaking out of your daily routine can prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s
- 29:00 The alarming difference between a bus driver’s brain and a taxi driver’s brain
- 30:00 “When things go wrong and you don’t know what to do, do something differently”
- 32:00 Perfect: The 7 letter word that’s bringing you down
- 33:00 Why people love Bill Clinton
- 36:00 The power of a compliment
- 39:00 Why gratitude is never cheesy
- 43:00 These are a few of my favorite things
- 49:00 How 20 minutes can change your life
- 51:00 The 1 second rule of progress
Watch the latest episode below!