Simply prep, mix, and pop in the oven for a gluten-free Herb and Onion Bread you can serve with your favorite soups and salads!
Whipping up your own homemade bread is simple to do and best with fresh herbs and spices! Enjoy hassle-free prep work without having to fuss over kneading any dough.
Conventional bread is a household staple for most families but can be a challenge to avoid when transitioning to Paleo. Luckily, making your own homemade version comes with plenty of perks. Reducing carbs and gluten with ingredients like almond flour is a great alternative to using traditional flours. Along with reducing inflammation in the gut, almond flour packs in plenty of proteins and healthy fats to help keep blood sugar in check.
Love Coconut Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Coconut Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Coconut Flour Recipes!
To get started, heat a skillet to medium-high heat and cook the onion for five minutes. Remove and transfer to a medium bowl with coconut oil, eggs, almond milk, spices, and apple cider vinegar. Next, grab a separate mixing bowl and whisk together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, tapioca starch, salt, and baking soda. Combine both wet and dry ingredients together (being careful not to over-mix) and pour the batter back into the skillet.
Place the skillet in the oven and bake everything for 45 minutes or until a fork runs clean through the center. When finished, top with extra sesame seeds, poppy seeds, or fresh herbs of your choice. Immediately slice and serve or store in the freezer for up to six months.
Savory Herb and Onion Bread
Savory Herb and Onion Bread
- 12” Cast iron Skillet
- 2 Medium mixing bowls
- 2 cups almond flour
- 4 T flaxseed meal
- 4 T tapioca starch
- ¾ t sea salt
- ¾ t baking soda
- 4 T coconut oil, melted and cooled to room temperature
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 t apple cider vinegar
- 1 chopped onions
- 1 t fresh rosemary
- 1 t fresh oregano
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F and grease a skillet with coconut oil.
- Cook the onion on medium-high for five minutes or until translucent.
- Transfer the onion to a medium bowl and whisk in the coconut oil, eggs, almond milk, spices, and vinegar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the almond flour, flaxseed meal, tapioca starch, salt, and baking soda.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined. Be careful not to over-mix.
- Pour the batter back into the skillet and place in the oven to bake for 40 to 45 minutes.
Watch the Recipe Video Below!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Almond flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg)
(You’ll Also Love: Sweet Potato Banana Bread Recipe)