Ditch sugar-packed snack bars and indulge in these rich Ginger Date Bars for a wholesome snack that balances both taste and nutrition!
Most store-bought snack bars are loaded with artificial ingredients and hidden refined sugars. Luckily, with these easy-to-make Ginger Date Bars, you can keep the ingredients all-natural and curb cravings too!
Almonds and dates are key ingredients to making this recipe work, but you can also experiment with pine nuts, apricots, or mangoes to amp up the flavor. Almond flour is a popular alternative to traditional baking flour because of its gluten-free and fiber-rich nutrients. Its subtle taste makes it easy to bake with and is a great choice for making Paleo cookies and snacks.
Want to snack smarter and curb cravings? Get your FREE 25 Healthy Paleo Snacks Cookbook here.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Snack Recipes Cookbook!
For this recipe, I ground my own almond flour which is easy to do. To get started, add the almonds to a high-powered blender and grind them into a fine powder. Note: Make sure not to overblend the almonds! Blending too long will cause the almonds to release oils, resulting in nut butter. If you prefer to skip this step, you can opt for store-bought almond flour instead. It works just as well.
Set your almond flour to the side and use the same blender to mix your dates and almond milk. Blend for 3-5 minutes or until you get a smooth paste. Then, add in almond flour and pulse for an additional 2-3 minutes. Pour the mixture into a greased baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes or until it becomes slightly sticky and dense to touch. When complete, let the bars cool and slice them into eight equal squares to serve!
Easy Peasy Ginger Date Bars
Easy Peasy Ginger Date Bars
- Medium mixing bowl
- 8x8” baking dish
- 1 ½ cup almonds or 1 cup almond flour
- ¾ cup dates
- ¼ cup almond milk
- 1 t ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- To make the almond flour: Use a high-powered blender to pulse the almonds for roughly 1-2 minutes until fine and powdery. Make sure not to mix too much or the almonds will start to release their oils, resulting in nut butter. Set aside.
- To make the date mix: In the same blender, add the dates with the almond milk and blend for about 3-5 minutes or until you have a paste.
- Add the almond flour and ground ginger to the date mix; blend for 2-3 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and slice into eight equal-sized bars.
(You’ll Also Love: Sweet Potato Cranberry Breakfast Bars)
Snacking due to cravings is one of the
biggest roadblocks to weight loss. With Paleo
snacks like Macadamia chocolate snack balls,
pistachio muffins, and fig & walnut biscuits,
that roadblock will be GONE.
Snacking due to cravings is one
of the biggest roadblocks to
weight loss. With Paleo snacks
like Macadamia chocolate snack
balls, pistachio muffins, and fig &
walnut biscuits, that roadblock
will be GONE.