We have to honor our individuality in weight loss regimens, says naturopathic physician and weight loss trainer Dr. Jade Teta. Join Dr. Teta for a discussion on the nuances of weight loss, how to hack your own metabolism for a regimen that best suits you, and what diet pitfalls to avoid. Learn the science behind foods that trigger unhealthy eating and the role our psyche plays in dieting.
Passionate about nutrition from a young age, Dr. Teta first started crafting nutrition programs for friends and family at 15. Teta earned a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry before attending Bastyr University for his doctorate in naturopathic medicine. He and his brother Dr. Keoni Teta are the founders and developers of the Metabolic Effect Diet book. Visit their Metabolic Effect website and check out their most recent book, “Lose Weight Here.”
- 2:00: Honor your individuality: Weight loss is not one size fits all.
- 3:00: Overcoming bias: Teta’s shares his own weight loss journey and revelation.
- 6:00: Weight loss rut: Are you cheating yourself, or is it a hormonal issue?
- 8:20: How to find the right weight loss plan for you and get results.
- 9:00: Diet ADD: Stop jumping from program to program.
- 11:00: Bruce Lee has the best dieting advice.
- 16:00 Diet “rules” weren’t made to be broken, they were made to be guidelines.
- 17:50: Consistency, Consistency, Consistency.
- 21:00: Hack your own metabolism.
- 25:00: Trigger foods: One unhealthy meal may lead to another.
- 26:00: Buffer foods: By the same token, one healthy meal may lead to another.
- 27:00: Don’t let it happen to you: When a cheat meal turns into a cheat week.
- 28:30: Satiating and satisfying: How to strike a balance.
- 33:40: Meal frequency and fasting: what works best for you?
- 39:40: Whole Foods vs. Supplements
Enjoy the episode below!