Let’s talk gastrointestinal health today with Dr. Jillian Teta, a naturopathic physician and author of “Natural Solutions for Digestive Health.” Join Dr. Teta for a discussion of the gut’s influence on nearly all systems of our body—from those that affect us physically to those that affect our mental and emotional health. Learn how we’re 10x more bacteria than cells. Dr. Teta also covers the controversial debates surrounding gluten and coffee.
- 1:35: Your digestive system: the central station of the body.
- 3:20: We’re 10x more bacteria than human: the micro-biome of your gastrointestinal system.
- 5:40: Serotonin production and your gut—how this influences your mental and emotional health.
- 8:40: Loose stool as a potential sign of mental distress.
- 9:50: The biggest disruptions to your digestive system.
- 12:30: Dysbiosis: A digestive imbalance with far-reaching effects.
- 13:00: Real-life stressors and their effect on your gut.
- 14:50: Be careful not to overuse hand sanitizer.
- 18:15: How to use antibiotics judiciously.
- 21:30: How to restore your gut health with probiotics and fermented foods.
- 23:50: The 3 steps to perfect gut health
- 25:45: Which gut health supplements to try and when to use them.
- 28:20: Coffee: What’s it doing to our gut? It depends on you.
- 33:45: Gluten hype: Celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity.
- 42:20: How to be discerning with gluten-free products.
Enjoy the episode below!
- Paleohacks on iTunes
- Paleohacks Podcast RSS Feed
- Listen to us on Stitcher
- The Paleohacks Youtube Channel