Making homemade beef jerky is a simple process – costing you pennies compared to the packaged stuff. Try this lime beef jerky for something truly unique!
The price of store-bought beef jerky would have you believe there’s an impossibly complicated process behind beef jerky production.
Luckily, making your own homemade beef jerky is simple. Even better, you control the ingredients in the homemade stuff, allowing you to experiment with flavors while making a healthy, sustaining snack. Try this chili lime beef jerky flavor: Tangy, spicy and salty, it’s sure to fulfill all your cravings.
Want to snack smarter and curb cravings? Get your FREE 25 Healthy Paleo Snacks Cookbook here.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Snack Recipes Cookbook!
We recommend making this as a savory treat to bring to work, road trips or on camping trips with the family!
Chili Lime Beef Jerky
Chili Lime Beef Jerky
- 1 lb beef round
- 3 dried chilis, diced
- 1/3 cup tamari + 3 dashes, divided
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- 2½ juiced limes, divided
- Trim excess fat and tendons from beef. Slice beef into thin slivers (the thinner, the shorter the cook time). Tip: Par-freeze the beef round beforehand to make even slicing easier.
- In a bag or dish, combine beef slices, chilis, 1/3 cup tamari, red wine vinegar, olive oil and the juice of 2 limes. Mix together in bag or dish and marinate for a minimum of 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to cook, heat oven to 200°F. Line beef slices on a foil-covered baking sheet. Bake until dried and chewy, turning occasionally. Ours took 2½ hours.
- In last 30 minutes of cook time, dash jerky with remaining tamari, lime juice and more chili, if desired. This will reduce into a flavorful glaze.
*Disclaimer: “Ketosis is most easily maintained on a very low-carb, moderate protein, high-fat diet. Be sure to eat this meal on days when you haven’t had much protein in other meals.”
(You’ll Also Love: 10 Exquisite Ways to Eat Beef Jerky)
Snacking due to cravings is one of the
biggest roadblocks to weight loss. With Paleo
snacks like Macadamia chocolate snack balls,
pistachio muffins, and fig & walnut biscuits,
that roadblock will be GONE.
Snacking due to cravings is one
of the biggest roadblocks to
weight loss. With Paleo snacks
like Macadamia chocolate snack
balls, pistachio muffins, and fig &
walnut biscuits, that roadblock
will be GONE.