Weight gain, fatigue, depression, female hormone and digestive problems—what do these five common health complaints all have in common? Find out on today’s show, where Dr. Dan Kalish—Functional Medicine practitioner and founder of The Kalish method—simplifies complex health topics with easy tips you can apply to your own life.
Discover the easiest ways to boost your antioxidants and combat oxidative stress, from vegetable juicing to curcumin—the active ingredient in turmeric—supplements. Find out about Functional Medicine lab testing and whether it’s right for you. Finally, learn more about detoxing, and why simple water, fiber and Vitamin C can do a world of wonder for your health.
- 3:30: How did The Kalish Method come to be?
- 5:30: The top five health complaints you need to know about.
- 7:30: “Test, don’t guess:” The real benefits of Functional Medicine lab work.
- 9:30: Why are you so tired? Hormones, the brain and mitochondrial energy.
- 13:00: What is mitochondrial energy?
- 17:30: Antioxidants: The cheapest way to treat oxidative stress.
- 20:00: Can you measure oxidative stress?
- 26:00: “There’s no point in taking antioxidant supplements if they’re not eating their vegetables:” The importance of lifestyle changes.
- 30:00: “Powerful and safe:” the benefits of curcumin, the active ingredient in turmeric.
- 31:00: Vegetable juicing: “A liquid multivitamin you can get from the farmer’s market.”
- 33:30: Why you should get more Vitamin C in your diet.
- 35:00: Hydration and toxins: The surprising link.
- 40:00: Can fiber help you detox?
Watch the Episode Below!
Do you struggle with bloating, gas, constipation, or other digestive issues? We’ve created a FREE guide to healing your gut naturally.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Digestion Guide!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!