Upgrade your peanut butter sandwich to these gluten-free Almond Butter and Jelly Dessert Bars!
If your ears perk up at the words “PB&J,” this tasty treat is for you! Filled with all-natural ingredients, these bars can satiate even the pickiest of eaters. Quick to prep and easy to make, they come loaded with nutrients and are completely gluten-free. Serve with your favorite nut milk or enjoy with your morning coffee.
Within these bars, you’ll find organic almond butter, pure maple syrup, almond flour, and strawberries. Almond flour is a great alternative to all-purpose versions and keeps things gluten-free. It’s combined with almond butter (to replace traditional peanut butter) and includes maple syrup for natural sweetness.
Love Almond Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Almond Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Almond Flour Recipes!
Fresh strawberries make up the signature jelly and help boost the level of antioxidants. Along with being sinfully delicious, this dessert nixes all refined sugars for natural flavoring.
To get started, prep the jelly by combining maple syrup and strawberries in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir frequently and let it simmer for about 25 minutes. Once cooked, place the jelly in the fridge and let it chill for at least 30 minutes.
In the meantime, begin making the crust. Use a medium mixing bowl to combine melted almond butter, maple syrup, and almond flour. Stir together until a thick crumbly dough forms.
Next, separate the dough into four equal pieces. Reserve one piece and set aside. Use the remaining three quarters of the crumbly dough to press into the bottom of a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
Then, place the dish in the oven and bake for about eight minutes. Once it’s done, remove from the oven and let it cool for 20 minutes. Take the jelly out from the fridge and pour it onto the crust. Crumble the reserved dough on top and return it to the oven for 25 to 30 minutes. When ready, remove and let it cool for 15 minutes before digging in.
Almond Butter + Jelly Dessert Bars
Almond Butter + Jelly Dessert Bars
- 9x9 baking pan
- Medium saucepan
- Medium mixing bowl
For the Jelly:
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup strawberries, diced
For the Crust:
- 3 T maple syrup
- ¾ cup almond butter, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- To Make the Jelly: Place strawberries and maple syrup in a saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Stir occasionally to avoid burning.
- Lower the heat to a simmer and cook for 20-30 minutes. Continue to stir occasionally.
- Remove saucepan from the stove and allow it to cool. Transfer to the refrigerator and let it chill for at least 30 minutes.
- To Make the Crust: While the jelly chills, preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the almond butter and maple syrup until smooth.
- Stir in the almond flour and mix into a thick crumbly dough.
- Separate the dough into four equal pieces. Reserve one piece off to the side and press the remaining three quarters into the baking dish. Flatten into an even layer.
- Place the dish in the oven and bake for 7-8 minutes, or until slightly crisp.
- Remove from oven and allow it to cool for 20 minutes. Then spread the jelly over the crust. Crumble the remaining chilled dough over the top.
- Return to the oven for 25 minutes, or until the top turns brown. When finished, remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Serve warm.
(You’ll Also Love: Chewy, Buttery Almond Bars with Chia Seeds)