With six potent ingredients, this powerful turmeric ginger smoothie packs an antioxidant blend of coconut milk and chia seeds.
This creamy smoothie not only tastes amazing, but offers nutritious properties that heal from the inside out. Turmeric helps reduce inflammation, while ginger offers an extra boost of antioxidant strength and aids digestion. To take it one step further, pure coconut oil gives this tonic a dose of healthy fats.
Start by adding a scoop of ice to your blender, followed by coconut milk, coconut oil, turmeric, ginger, and honey. Honey adds sweetness to the smoothie, balancing the turmeric’s bitterness. Manuka honey is the holy grail of honey, so if you can get your hands on it, use it in this smoothie. Manuka honey has incredible anti-viral properties and contains up to four times the amount of minerals found in ordinary honey. Blend on high speed, stopping to scrape the sides of the blender occasionally with a wooden spoon. Pour the smoothie into a tall glass and stir in chia seeds. With their plump, pearlescent texture, chia seeds add a bubble tea consistency to smoothies. Let the seeds sit for a few minutes so that they can “bloom.”
Turmeric Ginger Smoothie with Coconut Oil
- 1½ cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 t turmeric
- 1 t coconut oil, softened
- 2 T pure or Manuka honey
- 1 t ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 t chia seeds
- 1 cup ice, optional
- Combine ice, coconut milk, turmeric, coconut oil, honey and ginger in a blender. Blend on high speed until smooth and icy.
- Pour into a glass and stir in chia seeds. Wait a few minutes before drinking to allow chia seeds to bloom slightly.
To make this smoothie even more powerful, add these ingredients:
- 1 scoop of grass-fed protein adds amino acids and turns the smoothie into a great pre- or post-workout shake.
- 1 tablespoon grass-fed gelatin contains collagen, a vital building block for healthy skin.
- ½ banana provides potassium and adds fiber.
- ½ cup diced mango adds vitamin C.
(You’ll Also Love: Awakening Matcha Smoothie Bowl Recipe)