When I first came to the United States, I quickly realized how important the All-American burger was. It practically had a following!
There are thousands and thousands of restaurants and websites dedicated to burgers. And they soon had me following them. If you are avoiding grains, it would be a travesty to avoid burgers.
At Jamaican It Paleo, we had to find a way to still be able to enjoy Jamaican burgers, but without the bun. What could be our Paleo burger savior?
Seemingly out of nowhere, the sweet potato came to the rescue! In true Caribbean style, I season this Jamaican burger with some spices that remind me of a good homestyle meal, and put the final product between two slices of sweet potato for the bun. Check this out!
Jamerican Paleo Burger
- 1 lb. of grass-fed ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 egg
- 1 t salt
- 1 t curry powder
- 1 t allspice
- 1 T pepper
- 1 T coconut aminos
- 2 T almond or coconut flour
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl, and form into 1/4 lb. patties.
- Place on your barbecue grill for four minutes on each side for maximum juiciness OR cook in the oven with the sweet potato bun.
- For the sweet potato bun, remove the skin of 1 large sweet potato and slice into 1/4-inch thick discs.
- Place on cookie sheet and brush with olive oil. Season with sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes with the burgers and cook until golden brown or until it’s soft with your fork.
(You’ll Also Love: Paleo Avocado Bacon Burgers)