When I first came to the United States, I quickly realized how important the All-American burger was. It practically had a following!
There are thousands and thousands of restaurants and websites dedicated to burgers. And they soon had me following them. If you are avoiding grains, it would be a travesty to avoid burgers.
Seemingly out of nowhere, the sweet potato came to the rescue! In true Jamaican style, I still have to season my burger with some spices that remind me of a good Jamaican meal, but everything else screams delicious burger. Check this out!
Ingredients for the Jamerican Paleo Burger:
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4-6 burgers
- 1 lb. of grass-fed ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 onion (minced)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of curry
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- 2 tablespoon almond or coconut flour
Instructions for cooking the burger:
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl
- Form into 1/4 lb. patties
- Place on your barbecue grill for four minutes on each side for maximum juiciness OR cook in the oven with the sweet potato bun
Instruction for the sweet potato bun:
- Take 1 large sweet potato and remove the skin
- Slice into 1/4-inch thick discs
- Place on cookie sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Season with sea salt and pepper to taste
- Put in the oven at 375 degrees for 20-30 minutes with the burgers and cook until golden brown or until it’s soft with your fork
Have you ever cooked a Paleo Burger? What are your favorites? And have you used sweet potatoes for the burger bun?