Grass-fed beef subs in as a savory vessel you can fill with hearty veggies and crispy bacon.
Sweet potatoes, buttery mushrooms and green peppers come together in this filling burger bowl. After cooking, we top with a generous amount of Paleo sour cream (we love this 5-minute sour cream recipe) and finish off with chopped onions and smoky bacon.
To get started, melt the ghee in a medium skillet and sauté the mushrooms with bell peppers for about five minutes. The veggies should be slightly soft at this point, but will continue cooking once they’re placed in the oven.
Love slow cooker recipes?
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Slow-Cooker Recipes!
Next, combine the ingredients for the burger bowls in a medium bowl and mix thoroughly. Be sure to use 93% lean ground beef so that they don’t fall apart or shrink while cooking. You’ll need them to be sturdy enough to shape and hold additional toppings later.
When ready, divide the mixture into four equal pieces and roll each one into a ball. Use a clean, wide-mouth jar to press and shape the ground beef into four bowls, then use your fingers to gently fill in any gaps. Place the burger bowls onto a prepared casserole dish and set aside.
Fill each burger bowl with mashed sweet potatoes followed by the sautéed veggies. Cover the casserole dish with a large baking sheet and leave a small crack open to allow the steam to escape. Place in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes.
When finished, top each bowl with crumbled bacon, a drizzle of Paleo sour cream, and green onions. Serve hot and enjoy!
Not only are these burger bowls delicious, but the filling options are endless…
- Fill cooked burger bowls with scrambled eggs and cooked, chopped bacon for a high-protein breakfast.
- Put a twist on taco night by seasoning ground beef with taco spices. Bake and fill with guacamole, red onions, and cilantro.
- Fill burger bowls with cooked spaghetti squash, marinara, and chopped basil for a spin on spaghetti and meatballs!
Loaded Paleo Burger Bowls
Loaded Paleo Burger Bowls
- Large baking pan
- Parchment paper
- Medium skillet
- Medium mixing bowl
- Wide-mouth Mason jar
- Large casserole dish
For the Sautéed Veggies:
- 1 T ghee
- 1 cup sliced white button mushrooms
- 1/3 cup finely chopped bell pepper
For the Burger Bowls:
- 2 lbs ground beef (we recommend 93% lean to hold the bowl together)
- 1 t paprika
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t ground black pepper
For the Toppings:
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup cooked crumbled bacon
- 2 T Paleo sour cream
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- To Make the Sautéed Veggies: Heat the ghee in a medium skillet over medium heat and add the mushrooms with bell peppers. Sauté for 5 minutes to soften, then remove from heat.
- To Make the Burger Bowls: Preheat the oven to 350ºF and line a large baking pan with parchment paper. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ingredients for the burger bowls and mix thoroughly.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal pieces and roll each one into a ball. Use a clean jar to flatten and form the balls into a bowl shape, then remove and use your fingers to seal in any gaps. Place the burger bowls into the prepared pan and set aside.
- Fill each burger bowl with the mashed sweet potatoes and sautéed veggies. Use a second baking sheet to cover the top and leave a small crack open to allow the steam to escape. Bake for 40-45 minutes, then remove when meat is fully cooked through.
- Top each bowl with a bacon crumbles, Paleo sour cream, and green onions. Serve hot and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: No-Bun Cactus Burgers)