Do you suffer from chronic pain in your joints, neck, back or shoulders? Do you pop ibuprofen and ice your aches all day long? These popular methods might not be helping you, but stalling the healing process, according to family medicine physician and prolotherapist Dr. Chad Edwards.
What is prolotherapy? An alternative treatment to pain and inflammation, prolotherapy involves injecting a simple, safe solution to stimulate your body to heal itself. A functional medicine practitioner, Dr. Edwards observes a 90 percent success rate of the treatment in his clinic. Listen in to find out if the unique, better-than-painkillers therapy could be for you.
- 2:30: Soldiers and medical school: How Edwards got into prolotherapy.
- 6:30: “Stimulating your body to heal itself:” What you need to know about “proliferative therapy.”
- 8:30: “A success rate well into 90 percent:” How does prolotherapy work?
- 11:00: Don’t ice it: Why you shouldn’t fear inflammation.
- 14:00: Could prolotherapy treat your chronic back pain?
- 17:30: Why is prolotherapy still an underground treatment?
- 21:30: Dry-needling and prolotherapy: Why it’s not a placebo.
- 25:00: “A lot of my patients are working out the next day:” Why prolotherapy might be better than painkillers.
- 27:00: How to find a good prolotherapist: the Hackett Hemwall Foundation.
- 30:00: Stem cell therapy: What you should know.
- 33:00: “We can inject from the base of the skull down:” Who can prolotherapy help?
- 35:00: Ibuprofen: Is it stalling your healing?
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!