Paleo Morning Glory Muffins are loaded with carrots, bananas, and creamy sunflower butter. A grain, dairy, and nut-free snack, and it has no added sugar!
Made with wholesome foods, these carrot-laced muffins are naturally sweetened and bursting with cinnamon flavor.
Sunflower butter and a touch of coconut flour swap in as a gluten-free alternative to regular flour. While any nut butter will work for this recipe, sunflower is a great substitute for those sensitive to nuts. And it gives these treats a creamy texture.
Love Coconut Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Coconut Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Coconut Flour Recipes!
As a bonus, these muffins are packed with carrots and bananas. It’s a tasty way to get picky eaters to eat more fruits and veggies!
These goodies come together in just 30 minutes. To get rolling, all you need is a blender and muffin tin. From there, your tastebuds do the work. It’s that easy!
The nutritional balance of protein, carbohydrates, and healthy fats in this recipe make it perfect for a quick breakfast or snack on-the-go! Double the recipe, and freeze half the batch. Then you’ll have breakfast prepped for busy days.
When life is busy, these morning glory muffins are a simple way to eat healthy!
Morning Glory Muffins
Morning Glory Muffins
- Muffin pan
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Wire Rack
- 1/3 cup sunflower butter (any nut butter will work)
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- ½ t vanilla extract
- 1 ½ T melted coconut oil
- 3 large eggs (room temperature)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- ½ t cinnamon
- ½ t baking soda
- ½ t baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare a muffin pan by lightly coating it with coconut oil.
- In a blender, shred the carrots by pulsing several times. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sunflower butter, banana, salt, and vanilla.
- In a smaller bowl, combine baking soda, baking powder, coconut flour, and cinnamon.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the wet mixture until they’re fully incorporated. Then fold shredded carrots into the batter until it’s fully incorporated. Pour batter into muffin tin.
- Bake 20 minutes until muffins are set, and a toothpick can be removed clean.
- Remove from the oven, and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
You’ll Also Love: 30 Easy Breakfast Recipes (Paleo, Gluten Free)