This week we have Dr. Ben Lynch of Seeking Health in the house. Join us for an eye-opening look into MTHFR – methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (aren’t you happy it’s abbreviated?) – an incredible gene responsible for converting folate into a useable form.
Dr. Lynch and PaleoHacks host Clark Danger discuss how about half of the population may suffer from an MTHFR gene mutation and if you’re one of them, what you can do about it.
In this episode…
- 1:20 What Dr. Lynch discovered during his travels in India and how it led to his passion for health
- 5:30 How optimizing your health today optimizes the health of the next two generations
- 10:00 MTHFR: the gene that can put your immune system, brain health, mental health, and DNA at risk
- 12:00 Supplementing with methylfolate? That may not be the only route…
- 19:50 Do you have an MTHFR defect? Here’s how to tell…
- 22:40 Why Washington’s health department is telling doctors to NOT test for a MTHFR genetic variation
- 26:00 Can’t get a test? How to DIY it with a few simple lifestyle changes
- 29:00 3 ways to get back to “full capacity”
- 32:00 The difference between folate and folic acid you need to know
- 34:00 Where to find the best methylfolate and folinic acid supplements
- 36:30 “It all comes down to stress”
- 40:00 The science-backed reason you need to visit the sauna
Enjoy the episode below!
Paleohacks on iTunes
Paleohacks Podcast RSS Feed
Listen to us on Stitcher
The Paleohacks YouTube Channel