Move over omelettes, these quick mini quiches are the perfect grab-and-go snack
Flaky, savory, and rich in protein, these mini artichoke quiches make for an easy and quick meal. Made in a muffin tin, they’re a cinch to make and great for meal prepping. Plus, they pack in a variety of veggies for a fiber-rich breakfast.
To get started, begin making the crust by stirring the almond flour, eggs, and egg whites together in a large mixing bowl. Combine until you get a thick homogeneous mixture, then add in the tapioca starch one tablespoon at a time. Mix until you get a dough that’s easy to handle and no longer sticky. If necessary, use your hands to knead the dough to the right consistency.
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
Next, divide the dough evenly into six portions and roll the dough into small discs (about five inches in diameter each). Press the circles into the cavities of the muffin tin, evening out the base and sides for the crust. Bake for 15 minutes or until slightly golden.
While the crust bakes, sauté the bell peppers and prepare the artichoke hearts. Whisk the eggs and coconut milk together in a large mixing bowl, and then fold in the sautéed bell peppers, chopped artichoke hearts, and green onions. Combine until evenly distributed, then pour the filling into each cavity crust. Bake for an additional 35 minutes, or until the center is just set.
Once the quiches are done baking, let them cool for at least 15 minutes. Then, use a butter knife to lift them out of the tin and garnish with fresh, chopped green onions. Serve warm and enjoy!
Tip: If you prefer not to use coconut milk in the filling, simply swap it out for any other non-dairy milk in the same amount.
Mini Artichoke Quiches To Go
Mini Artichoke Quiches To Go
- Large casserole dish
- 2 Large mixing bowls
- Large muffin tin
- Large skillet
For the Crust:
- 3 cups blanched almond flour
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- ½ cup tapioca starch
For the Filling:
- 1 cup diced red peppers
- 1 T olive oil
- 1½ cups artichoke hearts
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- ½ t salt
- ¼ t ground black pepper
- 2 T fresh, chopped green onions + more for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a large casserole dish with coconut oil. Set aside.
- To Make the Crust: In a large mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, eggs, and egg whites. Mix until you get a thick liquid mixture.
- Add the tapioca starch one tablespoon at a time, mixing well until the dough is no longer sticky. If necessary, use your hands to knead the dough.
- Divide the dough evenly between 6 portions, and roll each portion of the dough into a disc, approximately 5 inches in diameter. Press the dough into the individual cavities, evening out the sides and base. Bake for 15 minutes, or until it starts to turn slightly golden.
- To Make the Filling: Sauté the diced bell peppers with olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook until tender for approximately 10 minutes and set aside.
- Prepare the artichoke hearts by rinsing and patting them dry with paper towels. Chop into quarters and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, coconut milk, salt, and ground pepper together. Fold in the quartered artichokes, sautéed bell peppers, and green onions. Combine until evenly distributed.
- Divide the filling evenly into the 6 crust cavities and bake for 35 minutes. Remove the tin from the oven and let the mini quiches cool for at least 15 minutes. When ready, use a butter knife to lift the quiches from the tin.
- Garnish with fresh, chopped green onions, and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: 23 Paleo Breakfasts You Can Make in a Muffin Tin)