Upgrade to a Kale BLT Salad with crispy bacon, lemon juice, and fresh grape tomatoes!
Put a healthy twist on the classic BLT by replacing carb-heavy bread with nourishing kale! Naturally gluten-free, this hearty recipe only takes 20 minutes to make and packs in plenty of fresh veggies and protein.
Marinate your kale in a light lemon dressing made with dairy-free mayo and unsweetened coconut yogurt. (You can make your own Paleo mayo at home!) Juicy grape tomatoes add a refreshing dose of antioxidants, while crispy bacon boasts extra protein and smoky flavor.
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
To get started, whisk together coconut yogurt, mayonnaise, olive oil, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Tip: This recipe uses olive oil, but you can easily substitute with avocado oil. Next, toss the kale leaves with the dressing and use your hands to massage the leaves for 2-3 minutes. Then, set aside to let it marinate for 20 minutes.
In the meantime, heat a large skillet over medium-high. Cook the bacon for 7-8 minutes on each side until crispy. Then, cut each slice of bacon in half and set aside. Add the halved tomatoes into the salad bowl and toss to mix. Serve the salad onto two plates and rest the bacon slices on top.
Kale BLT Salad Recipe
Kale BLT Salad Recipe
- Large skillet
- 1 Medium mixing bowl
- 1 Large mixing bowl
- 4 cups kale, chopped
- 1 cup yellow grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup red grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 slices extra thick-cut bacon
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut yogurt
- 1/3 cup Paleo mayonnaise
- 2 T olive oil
- 2 T fresh lemon juice
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the coconut yogurt, mayonnaise, olive oil, and lemon juice. Mix until you get a smooth mixture and add salt to taste.
- Toss the kale leaves with the dressing and use your hands to evenly coat for 2-3 minutes. Set aside and let sit at room temperature for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, heat up a large skillet over medium heat. Place the bacon slices into the pan and allow it to cook for 7-8 minutes on each side.
- Once the bacon is ready, transfer it to a plate lined with paper towels. Cut each slice of bacon in half.
- Add the tomatoes to the salad bowl and mix until they’re fully coated in the dressing.
- Divide the salad between two plates, top with cooked bacon slices, and serve immediately.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here’s what we recommend:
Extra virgin olive oil (Sky Organics)
(You’ll Also Love: BLT Avocado Stack Recipe)