Freshen your bathroom with non-toxic Toilet Bowl Bombs made to clean your toilet – without scrubbing!
Forget about scrubbing the toilet! These toilet bowl cleaners do all the work for you. Use them to remove stains and deflect tough odors in minutes. They’re easy to make and use all-natural ingredients to help keep your bathroom clean and toxin-free.
Store-bought cleaners can trigger allergies with toxins (aka endocrine disruptors) that irritate the respiratory system. (1) Avoid this by making your own homemade version using baking soda as a natural cleaning agent. Not only will it help fight off odors and remove mildew, but it’ll also eliminate the need for harsh chemicals. Added hydrogen peroxide helps remove stains and can even fight off black mold in other areas of your household.
Want naturally radiant skin? We’ve created a FREE guide to give you the best tips & tricks for natural skincare.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Skincare Guide!
Add a scent of freshness with essential oils extracted from plants. While this recipe uses a lavender scent, feel free to experiment with rosemary, peppermint, or lemon. You can even reserve the rest for a DIY mildew cleaner to use around the house.
To get started, combine the dry the ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Gradually add hydrogen peroxide into the dry mixture, making sure to only add one tablespoon in at a time. Spoon the mixture into silicone ice cube molds, roughly 1½ inches in width. Press the mixture firmly into each mold and place in a dry cool spot to set for four to six hours. Once solid, pop fizzies out of molds and store in a jar.
When ready to use, drop one tablet inside the toilet bowl and allow to dissolve. Let the solution sit in the toilet for 10 minutes before flushing. Use two to three times per week.
No-Scrub DIY Toilet Bombs
No-Scrub DIY Toilet Bombs
- Large mixing bowl
- BPA-free silicone ice cube tray
- Glass jar for storing
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup cream of tartar
- 2 T hydrogen peroxide
- 20 drops lavender essential oil
- To Make: Combine baking soda and cream of tartar in a large glass mixing bowl. Gradually add hydrogen peroxide, stirring in one tablespoon at a time. Add lavender essential oil and stir to combine.
- Spoon into silicone ice cube molds and press firmly to form to the molds. Place in a dry cool spot to set four to six hours. Gently pop fizzles out of molds and store in a glass jar.
- To Use: Place one tablet in the toilet and allow to completely dissolve for about 10 minutes before flushing. Use two to three times per week.
(You’ll Also Love: Natural DIY All-Purpose Pine Spray with Zero Toxins)