Soy isn’t Paleo, but is it really that bad for you? In this podcast, The Naughty Nutritionist Dr. Kaayla Daniel, author of The Whole Soy Story, uses her suggestive sense of humor to tell us how to practice “safe soy.”
In this podcast, Dr. Daniel talks about all the ways that soy – even the GMO-free kind – can be detrimental to our health. She gives the specifics for how our guts, thyroid and even hormones can be affected by ingesting too much tofu. Feeding soy milk to baby boys in particular can be scary, as the hormonal affects won’t be recognizable until puberty! Finally, Dr. Daniel urges us to be mindful when eating meat and suggests nose-to-tail eating for nutrition as Mother Nature intended.
- 5:00: How even GMO-free soy isn’t healthy for you.
- 10:00: Soy in moderation is fine. Using it as a heavy replacement for dairy is not.
- 11:00: “Tofurkey” can destroy your gut with all the added gluten.
- 16:00: Feeding soy to baby boys can affect their testosterone levels in ways that won’t be seen until they become teenagers.
- 21:00: The many ways soy can mess with your thyroid.
- 24:00: Feeding soy to animals helps fatten them, but causes harm to both the animal and people who eat that meat.
- 27:00: Raw or undercooked soy causes gas and bloating – never eat soy raw!
- 34:00: How certain oils are deodorized to hide its rancidity.
- 38:30: The importance of enjoying your food: “Pleasure is a nutrient.”
Watch the Episode Below!
If you enjoyed this podcast, never miss the latest health news by subscribing to The PaleoHacks Show on your favorite podcast app and leaving a review for us on iTunes. This helps us spread the word and create better, bigger content for you!