The next time you’re feeling under the weather, reach for this homemade herbal antibiotic.
If you’re wary of conventional antibiotics, you have good reason. These powerful medications can kill off all your good bacteria and weaken your immune system – not exactly ideal when you’re looking to feel better. (1)
So what do you do if you need to fight a cold? We’ve got you covered with this homemade herbal antibiotic concoction.
Fight inflammation and create easy, healthy meals! We've created a FREE 7-Day AIP Meal Plan
Get Your FREE 7-Day AIP Meal Plan here.
This natural DIY antibiotic contains powerful antibacterial, antiviral, and anti-fungal herbs and roots to help you fight infections. Here’s a breakdown of each ingredient, and what it does.
Thyme contains potent chemical antibacterial compounds like thymol that are proven to be effective against powerful microbes like E.coli and Salmonella. (2)
This fragrant herb possesses antimicrobial compounds, mainly flavonoids from rosmarinic acid, which are effective against various fungal infections. (3)
Garlic contains a powerful compound called allicin, which kills various strains of antibiotic-resistant bacteria such as E.coli, and even fungal and yeast infections like candida. (4)
Apple Cider Vinegar
DIY Natural Antibiotic
Ready to fight infections naturally with a potent DIY antibiotic that won’t wipe out your whole immune system? Follow the recipe below.
Homemade Herbal Antibiotic
Homemade Herbal Antibiotic
- Glass jar with lid
- 1/2 cup fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh ginger, chopped
- 1/2 cup garlic cloves, chopped
- Apple cider vinegar
- Let the garlic sit, once chopped, for about 10 minutes to release more allicin, the compound responsible for its healing and antibacterial properties.
- After 10 minutes, add all of the herbs to a glass jar and fill with apple cider vinegar.
- Cap with a lid, gently shake the contents, then place the jar in a cool, dark place, like a cabinet.
- Shake once every day for 6 weeks, then use a strainer to strain the tincture into a glass dropper bottle.
- When you feel the onset of a cold, take one dropper full three times a day in a glass of water until it passes.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here’s what we recommend:
Apple cider vinegar (Bragg)
(Read This Next: 8 Natural Alternatives to Antibiotics)
Did you know that the key to reducing wrinkles, tightening
skin, and recovering your youthful glow is what you eat? It’s
true. You can start by adding this weird green fruit to your diet.
Did you know that the key to
reducing wrinkles, tightening
skin, and recovering your
youthful glow is what you
eat? It’s true. You can start by
adding this weird green fruit
to your diet.