Chill out with this refreshing bowl of Green Gazpacho with Sautéed Shrimp!
If you find yourself yearning for a light and hearty soup on a hot day, whip up this easy make-ahead meal for lunch! It’s perfectly refreshing and will keep you feeling full and nourished. Best of all, it’s easy to prep and can be stored in the fridge for up to three days.
Combining fresh vegetables, Paleo bread, poblano chiles, and juicy shrimp, this recipe is one you’ll be returning to over and over again. Along with being gluten-free, dairy-free, and Paleo-friendly, you can easily whip up a big batch to relish throughout the week!
Trying to figure out exactly what to eat on Paleo? Look no further than our FREE 21 Day Paleo Meal Plan.
Grab Our FREE Paleo Meal Plan By Clicking Here!
Note: If you don’t have any Paleo bread on-hand, check out this easy bread recipe. As a low-hassle bread, you’ll have plenty of leftovers to make gluten-free sandwiches for later.
To get started, process the soaked cashews with a bit of water in a blender. Pulse until you get a thick homogeneous mixture and place into a large mixing bowl. Whisk in four tablespoons of olive oil with fresh lime juice before adding in the poblano chiles, cubanelle peppers, scallions, and bread cubes. Mix well and let it sit for at least 10 minutes.
In the meantime, blend the chopped cucumber and heirloom tomatoes. Pulse until you get a thick liquid and add in the mixture from the mixing bowl. Process until you get a thick green soup and place the gazpacho in the refrigerator to chill for at least 15 minutes.
While the gazpacho chills, heat one tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Sauté the shrimp in a single layer for five minutes, flipping halfway through. When fully cooked, the shrimp will turn into a bright pink color.
To serve, divide the gazpacho into individual bowls and top with sautéed shrimp. Drizzle a bit of olive oil over the top and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
Tip: You can also replace soaked cashews and water with 1 ½ cups of plain coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt.
Green Gazpacho with Savory Shrimp
Green Gazpacho with Savory Shrimp
- Large skillet
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 15 minutes and drained
- ½ cup water
- 5 T olive oil, divided
- 1 T fresh lime juice
- 1 cup poblano chiles, chopped
- 1 cup cubanelle peppers, chopped
- 1 cup scallions, chopped
- 2 cups Paleo bread, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 3 cups heirloom tomatoes, chopped
- 1 t salt
- 1/2 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- In a blender, combine the soaked cashews and water. Blend until you get a thick and smooth cream, then transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk in four tablespoons of olive oil with lime juice and mix until fully combined.
- Add in the chopped poblano chiles, cubanelle peppers, scallions, and Paleo bread. Mix well and let the mixture sit for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the chopped cucumbers and tomatoes in the blender. Blend until you get a thick liquid. Add the contents from the large bowl to the blender, then blend again until you get a thick green mixture.
- Let the gazpacho chill in the refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat up one tablespoon of olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Place the shrimp in a single layer and cook for approximately five minutes, flipping halfway.
- Divide the gazpacho into individual bowls and top with cooked shrimp. Drizzle a bit of olive oil on top and sprinkle with fresh chopped parsley. Serve and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: 32 Cozy Paleo Soup Recipes)