Whether you’re looking for the perfect appetizer for a party or just want a tasty little snack, this Coconut-Crusted Shrimp recipe is the answer.
This mouth-watering dish is easy to prepare and seems almost too fancy to eat – keyword “almost”. To make these crispy shrimp you only need six ingredients that are staples in any Paleo kitchen.
First, peel and devein your shrimp (or buy them already prepared), dredge them in a few beaten eggs, and dip them in a mix of shredded coconut, almond flour, and spices. Bake them for about 10 minutes or until golden brown.
The chili powder and black pepper give just enough heat to off-set the sweetness of the coconut, making this a versatile source of protein to add to any meal (think paleo noodles and salads). The almond flour and coconut combination adds just the right about of crispy coating that sticks to the shrimp with a little help from the eggs.
You could prepare this with a few Paleo tortillas for a perfectly Paleo taco. Whichever way you eat them, you’ll love how much flavor these little shrimp bring!
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined and shelled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and lightly grease with olive or coconut oil.
- In a medium, shallow bowl, mix together coconut, almond flour, chili powder, and black pepper to taste.
- In another medium bowl, dredge the shrimp in the beaten eggs. Transfer them to the coconut mixture, and completely coat them with the mixture. Place the shrimp on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the shrimp are opaque and the coconut coating turns golden brown.
(You’ll Also Love: No-Rice Beef and Shrimp Spring Rolls with Almond Butter Sauce)
Snacking due to cravings is one of the
biggest roadblocks to weight loss. With Paleo
snacks like Macadamia chocolate snack balls,
pistachio muffins, and fig & walnut biscuits,
that roadblock will be GONE.
Snacking due to cravings is one
of the biggest roadblocks to
weight loss. With Paleo snacks
like Macadamia chocolate snack
balls, pistachio muffins, and fig &
walnut biscuits, that roadblock
will be GONE.