Give your breakfast the golden touch with this creamy chia seed pudding rich in protein and coconut flavor!
If you’re like me and don’t like spending too much time preparing breakfast, this dairy-free pudding is a recipe you’ll want to keep handy. Super simple to make, it only takes 10 minutes to prep and can be chilled ahead of time to enjoy throughout the week.
To help give your immune system a boost, this recipe incorporates turmeric and ginger for a smooth, earthy flavor. Both spices are great for their anti-inflammatory benefits and pair well with the natural sweet taste of raw honey. Added chia seeds work to thicken the pudding while offering fiber-rich nutrients to satiate your appetite.
It’s not just a sweetener -- it’s medicine, too! Discover The Benefits of Nature’s Superfood: Honey
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Honey Guide!
Additional toppings include mixed berries (I use blueberries and raspberries), coconut chips, and dairy-free coconut yogurt. You can make your own dairy-free yogurt at home (we like this coconut yogurt recipe) or find a trusted brand at your local health food store.
To get started, combine the coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract, turmeric, cinnamon, and ginger together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until you get a vibrant yellow mixture, then add in the chia seeds and continue mixing.
When fully incorporated, let the mixture sit for five minutes to allow it plump and thicken. Give it one more stir and then cover the bowl. Transfer it to the fridge and let it chill for at least six hours or overnight.
Once ready, the mixture should be thick with the consistency of pudding. Divide the mixture evenly between four serving glasses and top with a dollop of coconut yogurt. Garnish with fresh berries and toasted coconut chips, then serve and enjoy!
Tip: I used coconut milk for its thick, creamy texture, but you can easily substitute with any other dairy-free milk.
Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding
Golden Milk Chia Seed Pudding
- Large mixing bowl
- 4 serving glasses
- 4 cups full-fat coconut milk
- 3 T honey
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 t ground turmeric
- ½ t ground cinnamon
- ½ t ground ginger
- ½ cup chia seeds
- ¾ cup coconut yogurt, for topping
- 1 cup fresh mixed berries, for garnishing
- ¼ cup toasted coconut chips, for garnishing
- Combine the coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract, turmeric, cinnamon, and ground ginger together in a large mixing bowl. Mix well to combine, resulting in a vibrant yellow liquid.
- Add in the chia seeds, then mix well and set aside for 5 minutes. When ready, stir it around once more.
- Cover the bowl and let it chill in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight. This will allow the chia seeds to plump and give the mixture a thick pudding consistency.
- Divide the chia seed pudding evenly between 4 serving glasses, then top with a dollop of coconut yogurt. Garnish with mixed berries and toasted coconut chips.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Coconut milk (Native Forest)
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
Vanilla extract (Frontier)
Turmeric (Simply Organic)
Ground cinnamon (Simply Organic)
Ground ginger (Simply Organic)
Chia seeds (Viva Naturals)
(You’ll Also Love: 17 Ways to Make Chia Seed Pudding)
You’ve probably heard that turmeric
is one of the healthiest spices on the
planet. Well did you know you can
boost its effectiveness with a simple,
You’ve probably heard that
turmeric is one of the healthiest
spices on the planet. Well did
you know you can boost its
effectiveness with a simple,