Rejuvenate your tired puffy eyes with these invigorating 2-ingredient DIY Collagen Coffee Eye Pads!
Tired eyes? Whip up these quick under eye jellies! Not only will they tighten skin and reduce puffiness, but they’ll also transform your leftover coffee into a natural spa treatment.
Caffeine and collagen-rich gelatin help boost circulation, relieve puffiness and tighten skin. Caffeine delivers antioxidants that are great for fighting off free radicals, protecting against UV sun damage, and increasing blood flow to reduce dark circles. (1) Grass-fed gelatin gives these gel pads their natural gummy texture. Although collagen-rich gelatin is best in edible forms (like this homemade sour gummies recipe), it’s an essential binder to help hold these gels in place. Chilling these eye pads increases its potency and helps alleviate puffy eyes, while perking up your skin, too! (2)
Want naturally radiant skin? We’ve created a FREE guide to give you the best tips & tricks for natural skincare.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Skincare Guide!
To make your gel pads, use a pen to draw half-moon shapes onto a piece of parchment paper and place on a small dish. Tip: The shapes should be the size of your under-eye area, about two inches wide. In a separate bowl, pour in a ⅓ cup of brewed coffee and stir in the gelatin until thick. Spoon the mixture evenly over the prepared parchment paper containing the stencils and transfer to the refrigerator for one hour to set.
When ready, cut the gels into half-moon shapes, using the stencils as a guide. When ready to use, peel the gel pads off the parchment paper and place onto your under-eye area. Lie back, relax for 20-30 minutes, and experience its soothing effects. Use the gel pads within two days and store the pads in an airtight container for best results.
DIY Coffee Gel Eye Pads
DIY Coffee Gel Eye Pads
- Parchment paper
- Small bowl
- Small plate
- ⅓ cup strong brewed hot organic coffee
- 2 T grass-fed gelatin powder
- How to Make: Draw half-moon shapes on a small piece of parchment paper and place on a small plate.
- Pour a ⅓ cup of strong brewed coffee into a small bowl. Stir in the gelatin until thickened.
- Spoon the mixture evenly over the parchment paper. Transfer to the refrigerator and chill for one hour to set. Cut the gel on the parchment paper into half-moon shaped pads, using the drawings as a guide. Store in an airtight container.
- How to Use: Peel the gel pads off the parchment paper and place onto the under-eye area.
- Relax for 20-30 minutes to feel its soothing effects.
- Store the leftover gel pads in the fridge and use within two days for best results.
(You’ll Also Love: DIY Skin-Firming Night Cream)