Candied Apple Pops drenched in chocolate, drizzled with caramel sauce and topped with nuts are the perfect fall treat!
This Paleo twist on candy apples is an easy dessert you can make in less than 20 minutes! With zero dairy or refined sugar, it’s a treat you can feel good about eating.
Start by dipping sliced apples in melted dark chocolate (make sure the chocolate is dairy free and has no artificial sweeteners). Next, drizzle them with Paleo caramel sauce, then top with your favorite ingredients. We topped ours with chia seeds, chopped raisins, shredded coconut and pecans, but you can use any combination of your favorite toppings!
This recipe will work with any apple, but larger apples (like a Fuji) work best since they make the thickest slices and hold the ingredients well. Regardless of the type of apple you choose, be sure to remove any seeds before dipping them into the melted chocolate.
Easy Apple Pops
Easy Apple Pops
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Wooden sticks
- Glass bowl
- 2 large apples
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 T coconut oil
- ¼ t sea salt
- ½ cup of Paleo caramel sauce
- Optional toppings: shredded coconut, chia seeds, chopped raisins or pecans
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice apples into ½-inch slices with a knife, then make a slit at the bottom of each apple slice and insert a wooden stick. Place on the baking sheet.
- Place a glass bowl over a boiling pot of boiling water and add dark chocolate chips, coconut oil and sea salt. Stir the ingredients continuously until the chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Dip each apple slice into the melted chocolate to thoroughly coat, then place back on the baking sheet.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the apple slices, then sprinkle with optional toppings as desired.
- Freeze for 1 hour to harden, then serve.
Tip: Looking for a healthy, homemade caramel sauce? Click here for our Paleo caramel sauce recipe!
(You’ll Also Love: 36 Bite-Sized Snacks for Perfect Portion Control)