This Paleo meatball bowl tops cauliflower rice and nutritious veggies with sweet teriyaki meatballs!
I love rice bowls drizzled in a sweet and sticky teriyaki sauce. To give this a Paleo makeover, I swapped the rice with cauliflower and made a teriyaki sauce (no hidden sugars here) to go in the meatball bowl.
I opted to use ground beef and mixed it with egg, minced garlic, coconut aminos, tapioca starch, and diced onions. After rolling the mix into meatballs and popping them in the oven for 25 minutes, you can start sautéeing the cauliflower rice and boiling the vegetables.
To make the teriyaki sauce, simply mix the tapioca starch with coconut aminos, raw honey, ginger powder, and garlic powder in a small bowl.
When the meatballs are cooked, serve them with the vegetables on top of the cauliflower rice, and drizzle everything in the Paleo teriyaki sauce. Not only is this meatball bowl an easy meal to prepare ahead of time, it’s easy to switch up so you don’t get bored. You can make beef meatballs one week, then chicken or pork the next week, for example. You can even experiment with the veggies and add or swap in broccoli, shaved red cabbage or zoodles instead of cauliflower rice! The options are deliciously endless.
Teriyaki Meatball Bowl with Cauliflower Rice and Veggies
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Large pot
For the Meatballs:
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 t coconut aminos
- ¼ cup tapioca starch
- 1 small onion, diced
- Sesame seeds, for garnish
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1 T tapioca starch
- ½ cup coconut aminos
- 2 T raw honey
- ½ t ginger powder
- ¼ t garlic powder
For the Cauliflower Rice and Veggies:
- 1 head cauliflower, processed into rice
- 1 small carrot, cut into ¼-inch thick rounds
- 1 cup green beans, cut into 3-inch strips
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For the meatballs: Combine ground beef, egg, minced garlic, coconut aminos, tapioca starch, and diced onions in a large mixing bowl. Mix well until the ingredients are combined.
- For each meatball, scoop 2 tablespoons of mixture to form a 1½-inch ball.
- Place the meatballs in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 to 25 minutes until they are golden brown and cooked through.
- For the teriyaki sauce: Mix the tapioca starch, coconut aminos, raw honey, ginger powder and garlic powder in a small bowl until combined.
- For the cauliflower rice and vegetables: Sauté the cauliflower rice in a skillet over medium heat until cooked through.
- In a pot of boiling water, blanch the carrot rounds and the green beans until cooked and tender.
- Serve the baked meatballs and vegetables over cauliflower rice. Drizzle with teriyaki sauce. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
Tip: I’ve used minced beef to make the meatballs in this recipe, but if you prefer other types of meat, feel free to use either minced chicken, turkey or pork instead.
(You’ll Also Love: 5-Ingredient Meatball Soup with Bone Broth)