Who doesn’t love chicken nuggets? Delicious, tender chicken with a crispy coating is a meal that few can resist. They’re perfect for a snack or the protein in a lunchbox.
Traditional chicken nuggets are coated in grains and unhealthy oils; try this just-as-amazing version made with ground macadamia nuts, which are rich is healthy fats. It’s easy to whip up and bake in the oven—no frying required. With tender chicken on the inside, crisp and well-seasoned coating on the outside, this recipe is sure to please.
Macadamia-Crusted Chicken Nuggets
How To Make It:
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Grease a large baking sheet with the ghee.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the chicken breasts into 2-inch pieces and set aside.
4. In a food processor, combine the macadamia nuts, coconut flour, arrowroot starch, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and onion powder. Process until powdery and then dump into a large mixing bowl.
5. Place the frothy egg whites in a bowl.
6. Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip each piece first in the egg white and then in the macadamia breading, shaking off excess. Place on the baking sheet and repeat until you have breaded all of the chicken pieces.
7. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
8. Enjoy with Paleo ketchup!
(You’ll Also Love: Pecan Crusted Chicken)