Tired of eggs for breakfast but want to boost your morning meal with protein?
This delicious chicken apple sausage patties recipe is so easy to make. It calls for ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen, plus it’s economical and makes enough to serve a large party. Each patty is full of savory herbs that pair perfectly with the apple and onion. You can make batch ahead of time for grab-and-go breakfasts throughout the week!
Chicken Apple Sausage Patties
- 1 T coconut oil
- 1 green apple, peeled and diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 t poultry seasoning
- 1/2 t dried rosemary
- 1/2 t dried thyme
- 1/2 t fennel seeds
- Dash nutmeg
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg
- 1/2 t salt
- Coconut oil for cooking
How To Make It:
1. In a medium-sized pan or skillet, heat the coconut oil and add the apple, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning, dried rosemary, dried thyme, and fennel seeds. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until apple and onion are tender.
2. Meanwhile, place the chicken in a food processor and blend until ground.
3. Add the egg, chicken and onion mixture to the food processor, along with an additional 1/2 teaspoon salt and process until mixed.
4. Heat up a bit more coconut oil in the skillet over medium heat. Add a few large scoops of the chicken mixture (roughly the size of a golf ball) and press them down with a spoon to flatten into patties.
5. Cook for a 4 minutes per side, or until golden brown and cooked through.
6. Repeat with remaining chicken mixture. Enjoy with a side of Baked Parsnip Fries and Paleo Ketchup!
(You’ll Also Love: 6-Ingredient Tuna Patties)