Skip the bathtub and awaken your senses with a bit of shower steam and soothing essential oils.
Using natural scents like citrus and rosemary, we’ve concocted the perfect blend of mood-boosting oils to start your day off right. The best part – you don’t need a bathtub to enjoy its aromatherapy benefits. As the shower water fuses with the bomb, your bathroom is filled with the energizing scent of essential oils. No tub needed!
How to Create a Spa in Your Shower
For this recipe, we add a combo of orange and lemon essential oils for an invigorating citrus aroma. Known to help curb anxiety and stress, these two oils pair well with the added rosemary to help nourish the skin, energize, and increase alertness. (1) To add a pop of color (without staining your tub), we also incorporate a bit of matcha powder for a soothing green tea scent.
Want naturally radiant skin? We’ve created a FREE guide to give you the best tips & tricks for natural skincare.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Skincare Guide!
To get started, mix together the Epsom salts, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a medium mixing bowl. Add in the drops of essential oils and spritz the mixture with water while continuing to mix. Squeeze the mixture with your fingers and check that it sticks together.
Next, scoop half of the mixture into a separate bowl and stir in the matcha powder until it turns green. Fill two cavities of the ice cube mold halfway using the matcha mixture and layer the top half with the remaining white mixture. Press down firmly to pack the layers into place and allow the bombs to set for six hours at room temperature. After they set, remove the shower bombs from their respective trays and store in a dry, cool spot.
When you’re in the mood for an aromatherapy session, simply run a hot shower and place the shower bomb under the water until it starts to dissolve. Inhale the awakening aromas as the steam releases the essential oils into the air. For easy cleanup, rinse the shower well after using.
Tip: Try experimenting with other uplifting essential oils like bergamot, grapefruit, mint, or ylang ylang.
DIY Yawn-Be-Gone Shower Bombs
DIY Yawn-Be-Gone Shower Bombs
- Medium mixing bowl
- BPA-free silicone large ice cube tray
- Small mixing bowl
- 1 cup Epsom salts
- 1/2 cup baking soda
- 2 T cream of tartar
- 5 drops orange essential oil
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops rosemary essential oil
- Spray bottle filled with water
- 1 t matcha powder
- To Make: Combine the Epsom salts, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the drops of essential oil and spritz the mixture with water while continuing to stir. Squeeze the mixture with your fingers to check that it sticks together.
- When ready, transfer half of the mixture into a separate bowl and stir in the matcha powder until it is green.
- Fill 2 cavities of the ice cube mold halfway with the matcha mixture and layer the remaining white mixture on top. Press down firmly to pack the layers into place and allow the bombs to set for 6 hours at room temperature.
- When finished, remove the shower bombs from the trays and store in a dry, cool spot.
- To Use: Run a hot shower and place a shower bomb under the running water. Allow the bombs to fuse with the steam and inhale as the bomb dissolves.
(You’ll Also Love: 20 Natural DIY Pain-Relieving Bath Ideas)