This pizza crust recipe is unlike any other! Made with a crisp spaghetti squash, it’s topped with zesty tomato sauce, creamy cashew cheese, and fresh basil.
If you’ve cooked with spaghetti squash before, you know it’s a great low-carb alternative to traditional pasta noodles. Spaghetti squash also makes up this pizza’s vibrant yellow crust, while adding plenty of immune-boosting antioxidants. It’s easy to work with and can be used in plenty of other pasta-less recipes like soups and casseroles.
This recipe also includes a homemade cashew cheese to nix the dairy and wholesome toppings. Made with nutritional yeast, the cashew cheese is the perfect way to add extra protein and essential vitamins. For easy prep, you can also sub in a store-bought Paleo cheese or completely omit it, if you prefer.
To get started, roast the spaghetti squash in the oven until it is fork tender. Slice it lengthwise and scoop out the seeds, then pull at the flesh with a fork to create thin, spaghetti-like strands. Transfer the strands to a baking sheet lined with paper towels and let it drain for 10 minutes. Use a cheesecloth to squeeze out any remaining liquid so that it prevents the crust from becoming too soggy.
Love Coconut Flour Recipes? Then you’ll love our FREE Coconut Flour Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Coconut Flour Recipes!
Next, mix the squash together with salt and eggs. Transfer to a prepared baking sheet and form it into a ½-inch-thick rectangle. Bake the crust for 15 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for another 15 minutes. Once the edges start to turn golden brown, you’ll know they’re done. From here you can add your favorite toppings or try making your own dairy-free cashew cheese.
If you want to create your own cashew cheese, you can whip it up while the crust bakes by simply blending all the ingredients together on high speed. When the crust is ready, spread the tomato sauce over the surface of the crust. Add several dollops of cashew cheese and sweet mini cherries on top. Garnish with minced garlic and return the pizza back to the oven. Bake until the skins of the tomatoes are slightly shriveled, and the garlic is fragrant.
When ready, top the pizza with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, and a sprinkle of salt. Serve it with your favorite side salad or chicken wings for a meal you can feed a crowd with!
Crispy, Heavenly Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust
Crispy, Heavenly Spaghetti Squash Pizza Crust
- 2 Large baking sheets
- Large mixing bowl
For the Crust:
- 1 spaghetti squash (approximately 2 lbs)
- 1 t salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
For the Cashew Cheese (optional):
- ¾ cup cashews, soaked in water for at least 1 hour and drained
- ½ cup water
- 1 T nutritional yeast
For the Tomato Sauce & Extra Toppings (optional):
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups mini cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
- Olive oil, for drizzling
- Salt to taste
- To Make the Crust: Preheat the oven to 400°F and place the squash on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes, turning halfway through.
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Use a fork to pull at the flesh to get spaghetti-like strands.
- Transfer the strands to a baking sheet lined with a clean towel and spread the strands out as much as possible. Let them sit for 10 minutes before using a cheesecloth to squeeze out any excess liquid. Once you have squeezed out as much liquid as possible, you should have about 2 cups of squash remaining.
- Turn the oven up to 450°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Coat the parchment paper lightly with olive oil.
- Mix the squash, salt, and eggs together in a large mixing bowl until combined. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and flatten it into a rectangle, approximately ½-inch thick.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for another 15 minutes. From here, you can enjoy it with your favorite toppings or with our recommended cashew cheese and tomato sauce below.
- To Make the Cashew Cheese (optional): Prepare the cashew cheese by blending the soaked cashews, water, and nutritional yeast into a thick, homogeneous mixture. Set aside.
- To Add the Tomato Sauce & Extra Toppings (optional): Spread the tomato sauce over the pre-baked crust, then add dollops of the cashew cheese on top. Top with the mini cherry tomatoes and minced garlic. Bake for another 10 minutes, or until the garlic is fragrant.
- Garnish the pizza with fresh basil leaves, a drizzle of olive oil, salt, and enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Raw cashews (Terrasoul Superfoods)
Nutritional yeast (NOW Foods)
(You’ll Also Love: 4 Creative, Crustless Pizza Recipes)