Boost your energy with these keto-friendly fat bombs packed with cacao and coconut oil.
If you’re looking for a low-carb snack to help get you through the day, you have to try these little bites of heaven. Not only are they bursting with fat-burning nutrients (hello, coconut oil), but they’re also loaded with proteins and essential vitamins to keep you energized and satiated. Make them ahead of time for a healthy go-to snack you can reach for anytime!
To keep things low carb, we use raw cacao and monk fruit for a rich, decadent flavor. Monk fruit is a great alternative to use when trying to manage your glucose levels, and it packs a sweeter taste than traditional cane sugar.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
For the final topping, we use chewy coconut shreds to coat each ball after dousing them in melted dark chocolate chips. When shopping for keto-friendly chocolate, make sure to look for brands that are sugar-free and organic. Although the toppings are optional, I highly recommend experimenting with chopped nuts or even matcha powder for extra oomph.
To get started, mix the cacao, almond butter, monk fruit sweetener, and hemp seeds in a large bowl. Add the coconut oil and continue mixing until you get a thick paste. Stir in the coconut cream and vanilla extract last to achieve a dark brown homogeneous mixture.
Next, allow the mixture to firm up by placing it inside the refrigerator for 10 minutes. When ready, scoop out one teaspoon and roll between the palms of your hands to form a small ball. Repeat with remaining mixture and set the balls onto a plate. Transfer them back to the refrigerator to chill for 10 more minutes.
While the balls are chilling, melt the dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a double boiler. Use a pair of chopsticks or tongs to dip the balls into the melted chocolate, then coat in the shredded coconut. When finished, serve immediately and enjoy! You can store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 10 days in the fridge or up to three months in the freezer.
Tip: I use hemp seeds for extra volume and protein, but you can always substitute for equal amounts of cashew meal or other preferred nut meals. Just note that the carb count will change.
Raw Cacao Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
Raw Cacao Coconut Oil Fat Bombs
- Large mixing bowl
- Double boiler
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1/3 cup creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup monk fruit sweetener
- 4 T hemp seeds
- ½ cup + 2T coconut oil, room temperature and divided
- 2 T full-fat coconut cream
- 1 t vanilla extract
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, mix the cacao powder, almond butter, monk fruit sweetener, and hemp seeds together.
- Add the coconut oil and mix well until you get a thick paste.
- Add the coconut cream and vanilla, mixing well until you get a dark, paste-like mixture (don’t worry if the mixture feels too sticky).
- Let the mixture chill in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes to allow it to firm up.
- Once the mixture is firm, scoop out one teaspoon and roll between your palms to form 12 small balls. Return the balls back to the refrigerator and chill for another 10 minutes.
- While the balls are chilling, melt the dark chocolate chips together with 2 tablespoons of coconut oil in a double boiler. Whisk well to prevent the chocolate from burning.
- When finished, dip each ball into the melted chocolate and toss into the shredded coconut to coat. Repeat with remaining balls, then serve and enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Raw cacao powder (Healthworks)
Almond butter (Barney)
Monk fruit powder (Julian Bakery)
Cold pressed coconut oil (Viva Naturals)
Coconut cream (Native Forest)
Vanilla extract (Frontier)
Semi-sweet chocolate chips (Enjoy Life)
(You’ll Also Love: 33 Keto Fat Bomb Recipes + Macro Info You Can Count On)
Delicious "liquid chocolate" kills cravings, helps reduce blood Delicious "liquid
pressure, and feeds good gut bugs (creamy & smooth).
chocolate" kills cravings,
helps reduce blood
pressure, and feeds
good gut bugs
(creamy & smooth).