Looking for a quick and easy snack that the whole family will enjoy? This Baked Popcorn Chicken is the perfect recipe to get even the pickiest of eaters on their way to a Paleo diet.
These chicken bites are baked, not fried, and have a great crispy texture. They make the most delectable snack to enjoy with friends or at a get-together, so make sure to make enough to feed a crowd!
All you need are a few simple ingredients from your Paleo-stocked pantry and in 20 minutes you’ll have the juiciest, most addicting, chicken poppers to nibble on.
Love slow cooker recipes?
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Slow-Cooker Recipes!
First, you’ll want to grab some chicken breasts and cut them into small once-inch pieces. Then, place them off to the side and start mixing your wet ingredients. To give these little morsels a tiny bit of sweetness, you can add a bit of honey to a beaten egg.
Place the chicken bites into the egg mixture to dredge them. While they’re soaking in the egg mix, you can start to create your coating.
For the coating, simply whisk together some almond flour with garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper. Place each piece of chicken in the coating and roll it around to make sure it covers each piece entirely. Place the chicken on a greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
And just like that, you’ll have juicy little tenders that are perfect to enjoy with homemade homemade Paleo condiments like BBQ sauce, mustard, or ketchup.
Baked Popcorn Chicken
Baked Popcorn Chicken
- Baking Sheet
- 2 Medium Mixing Bowls
- 1 lb chicken breast, diced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 t garlic powder
- 1 T honey
- 1/2 t paprika
- 1/4 t black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 ℉ and grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Cut your chicken breasts into bite-sized pieces, about 1-inch cubes, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together your egg and honey until smooth. Place the chicken bites into the egg mixture and coat each side.
- While the chicken is dredging, mix together the almond flour, garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper until combined.
- Transfer the chicken bites to the coating mixture, a few at a time, and roll each piece to coat all sides. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Let cool 5-10 minutes and enjoy!
Tip: They make the perfect toppers to a fresh salad — but be careful, these are seriously addicting!
(You’ll Also Love: Almond Crusted Chicken)
80 Gourmet Paleo Recipes from
a Professional Chef trained at Le
Cordon Bleu in Paris
80 Gourmet Paleo Recipes
from a Professional Chef
trained at Le Cordon Bleu