Energize your morning with this Paleo-friendly Hemp Seed Oatmeal with fresh strawberries and slivered almonds. It’s bound to make its way to your list of favorite breakfasts!
On busy weekday mornings, we usually don’t have the luxury of time to prepare a lavish breakfast. But in just 10 minutes, you can have this grain-free “oatmeal” ready from start to finish.
Start by combining almond milk, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, honey, and salt in a pot, and then make sure to stir them all together.
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
Bring to a boil over medium heat before reducing the heat to low and letting the mix simmer until it reaches your desired consistency. Once the oatmeal is ready, simply divide it into bowls, top with berries and nuts, and tuck in!
- I used almond milk in this recipe, but you can easily swap it out for other types of non-dairy milk. If you prefer, water will work fine as well.
- If the oatmeal has reached a consistency too thick for your liking, simply stir in more milk or water.
Healthy Hemp Seed "Oatmeal" (Grain-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Medium pot
- 2 cups almond milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
- 1 cup raw, shelled hemp seeds
- 2 T chia seeds
- 2 T flaxseed meal
- 4 T raw honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 cup strawberries (or berries of choice), sliced
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- Pinch of salt
- Combine the almond milk, hemp seeds, chia seeds, flax seed meal, honey, and salt in a pot.
- Stir the ingredients with a wooden spoon and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce the heat to low. Let the oatmeal simmer until it thickens (approximately 4 minutes), making sure to stir constantly to prevent the mix from sticking to the bottom of the pot.
- Divide the hemp seed oatmeal evenly into two bowls and then top with sliced strawberries and slivered almonds.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Chia seeds (Viva Naturals)
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
(You’ll Also Love: Healthy Coconut ‘Oatmeal’ Recipe)