Made with a chocolate chip cookie crust and filled with double dark chocolate, these cookie-crusted tarts are a dessert dream!
To make them, you just need about 20 minutes of prep time.
First, we’ll be making the chocolate chip cookie dough for the crust. You’ll notice that the recipe only yields a small amount of batter, and that’s to be expected. You’ll only need a tablespoon to form each cookie crust. Use your fingers to press the dough evenly into the mini muffin tin cavity, forming a crust.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
Next, you’ll fill the cavity with a rich, double dark chocolate filling! When dark chocolate and raw cacao powder melt together with coconut oil, it creates a luscious, silky chocolate filling. Spoon the chocolate into each muffin tin and bake until the edges are crisp and the insides are still slightly gooey. Every bite is pure bliss!
These cookie tarts taste best after being chilled, so keep them in the refrigerator for up to a week, or in the freezer for up to one month.
Enjoy these mini chocolate tarts as a late-night dessert, as a treat on the go, or bring to a party to serve a crowd. Kids will love them!
Cookie Crust Chocolate Tarts
Cookie Crust Chocolate Tarts
- Mini muffin tin
- Mixing bowl
- Large pot
For the Cookie Crust:
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 large egg yolk
- ½ t vanilla extract
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ t baking powder
- 2 T mini dark chocolate chips
For the Chocolate Filling:
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 2 T dark chocolate
- 2 T coconut oil
- Optional: extra mini chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Lightly grease a mini muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a bowl, stir together coconut sugar and coconut oil. Add the egg yolk and vanilla extract. Stir to combine well.
- Add the almond flour and baking powder, mixing until the coconut sugar and oil absorb the flour. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Scoop 1 tablespoon of the batter into each muffin cavity. Use your fingers to press the batter into the cavity and up to the top to form a crust.
- Place a bowl over a pot of boiling water, add cocoa powder, dark chocolate and coconut oil. Stir continuously until melted and smooth.
- Spoon the chocolate filling into the center of the chocolate chip crust, filling to the top.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, or until the edges of the crusts are set. The center may be a little gooey.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool. Cool to room temperature, sprinkle with extra mini chocolate chips, and serve!
(You’ll Also Love: Strawberry ‘Cheesecake’ Love Tarts for Two)
Delicious "liquid chocolate" kills cravings, helps reduce blood Delicious "liquid
pressure, and feeds good gut bugs (creamy & smooth).
chocolate" kills cravings,
helps reduce blood
pressure, and feeds
good gut bugs
(creamy & smooth).