These crunchy buffalo wing cashews have just the right amount of heat to spice up your snack routine!
When you need something to munch on between meals, reach for these savory cashews infused with buffalo wing flavor. Not only are they packed with protein, but they’ll also satiate your cravings with a taste that’s equally crunchy and spicy. Easily prep them in batches to keep on hand throughout the week!
To make this recipe gut-healthy, we incorporate a mixture of apple cider vinegar and turmeric to help reduce inflammation and boost extra antioxidants. Other spices like cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, and red pepper flakes help kick up the heat, while the cashews help balance out the flavor with a buttery crunch.
Want to snack smarter and curb cravings? Get your FREE 25 Healthy Paleo Snacks Cookbook here.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our Snack Recipes Cookbook!
Added olive oil packs healthy fats and serves as the perfect cooking oil to roast at high temperatures. You can also substitute avocado or coconut oil in the same amounts, but if opting for coconut oil, keep in mind the taste will be slightly sweeter.
To get started, combine all ingredients (except for the cashews) together in a medium bowl. Pour the mixture over the soaked cashews and toss to thoroughly coat. Transfer the coated cashews to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and bake for 30 minutes. Make sure to flip the cashews every 10 minutes so that they’re evenly toasted.
When finished, serve the cashews immediately or store in an airtight container for up to one week.
Buffalo Wing Cashews
Buffalo Wing Cashews
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Medium mixing bowl
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 T water
- 2 T tomato paste
- ½ t cayenne pepper
- ¼ t smoked paprika
- ¼ t red pepper flakes
- ½ t garlic powder
- ¼ t ground turmeric powder
- ¼ t sea salt
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for at least 1 hour and drained
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients (except for the cashews) in a medium bowl and stir well.
- Add the soaked cashews into the mixture and stir together to evenly coat.
- Transfer the coated cashews to the prepared baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes. Flip the cashews every 10 minutes until finished.
- Serve immediately or store the cashews in an airtight container for up to one week.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Apple cider vinegar (Bragg)
Olive oil (Sky Organics)
Cayenne pepper (Simply Organic)
Red pepper (Simply Organic)
Garlic powder (Frontier)
Turmeric (Simply Organic)
Sea salt (REDMOND)
Raw cashews (Terrasoul Superfoods)
(You’ll Also Love: Maple Cinnamon Roasted Cashews)