Parsley Turnip Chicken Soup
- 2 litres of boiling water
- 4 chicken drumsticks
- 2 onions, peeled
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bunch of parsley, ends removed
- 1 large turnip, roughly chopped
- 5 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- In a large stock pot over medium-high heat add the water and ingredients.
- Bring to boiling point and cook for 4 hours, then remove the drumsticks from the soup and allow to cool.
- When cool enough to touch, shred the meat from the bones, placing the meat back into the soup and discarding the bones.
- Stir in the meat to heat through then serve.