Looking for a side dish with dinner? Try these steamed green beans paired with the savory richness of cooked onions. If you’re bored of salads or the usual weekly vegetables, then you should definitely give this classic side a go. Plus, it’s easy to prep and takes just 15 minutes to cook!
Green Beans with Onions
- 150g green beans
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 t coconut oil
- Sea salt and pepper
How to Make it:
1. Steam the green beans for 5 minutes or until tender. Make sure they are slightly cooked but not mushy.
2. While the green beans are cooking, heat a pan to medium-high. Add the coconut oil to melt (use more if necessary), then add the onions. Cook the onions until softened but not burnt. Season with sea salt and pepper.
3. Once the green beans are ready, add to a bowl with the cooked onions and mix together.
4. Serve with your main meal (we recommend pairing it with Almond Crusted Chicken).
(You’ll Also Love: Caramelized Roasted Parsnips)