Say hello to one of the best breakfasts you’ll ever eat. It all starts with an important base: fried bacon tomato sauce.
We know, those are bold words, but for a meal that combines cracked eggs on top of a simmering bed of bacon tomato passata, it’s a fitting title. With savory herbs rounding out this dish, you’ll be coming back for seconds.
What is tomato passata? It’s basically just an uncooked tomato puree with seeds and skins removed. If you can’t find it at the store, you can easily substitute regular tomato puree or sauce. Or get creative and make your own passata with fresh tomatoes, a sieve, and a food processor!
Enjoy with a cool glass of non-alcoholic Paleo Plum Cordial and you’ll have a new brunch favorite.
Eggs with Fried Bacon Tomato Sauce
- 1 turnip, diced
- 1 T ghee
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 4 strips of bacon, diced
- 2 cups tomato passata
- 1 small handful finely chopped chives
- 4 fresh sage leaves, finely chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 small handful parsley, chopped
- Place the diced turnip in a pan of boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the ghee and the onion, cook, turning regularly for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Add the bacon and fry until cooked then add the turnip, tomato passata, chives and sage to the skillet. Crack the eggs on-top of the sauce and cover, allow the tomato sauce to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until the eggs have cooked.
- Serve with fresh parsley.
(You’ll Also Love: Maple Bacon Breakfast Pie)