Add turmeric to your poached eggs to give them a gorgeous golden color with a boost of anti-inflammatory benefits!
Serve bright turmeric eggs on top of your favorite Paleo toast or veggies! Along with being a great source of protein, these eggs are simple to make and help boost your gut health, too. Prep them in make-ahead batches for a quick meal to enjoy throughout the week.
Craft the perfect poached egg by ensuring a soft yolk is enveloped in a tender golden egg white. You can make the poaching process easier by choosing fresh pasture-raised eggs. This will help reduce the egg whites from dispersing in the water and are less likely to break when cooking. If needed, add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to set the egg whites quicker.
Want to go Paleo? Not sure where to start?
Start with this FREE Paleo For Beginners Guide Today!
Turmeric adds a bit of earthy flavor and is known for its amazing anti-inflammatory benefits. Apple cider vinegar works as a great source of probiotics and has a subtle taste that won’t affect the flavor. Add a bit of fresh black pepper to intensify turmeric’s gut-healing nutrients.
To get started, fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and stir in apple cider vinegar with turmeric. Crack an egg into a small bowl and gently slide the egg into the water. Wait until the egg white is completely opaque before adding in the next egg (about 30 seconds).
Then, set your timer for four minutes and let the eggs simmer until done. You can add two more minutes for a firmer yolk. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and set onto a plate with paper towels. Allow the water to drain off, then season with salt and pepper. Serve over a bed of spiralized zucchini, a savory breakfast bowl, or toasted Paleo bread!
Turmeric Poached Eggs Recipe
Turmeric Poached Eggs Recipe
- Medium saucepan
- 2 Small bowls
- 1 T turmeric
- 2 t apple cider vinegar
- 2 large pasture-raised eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fill the saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to a simmer and add in the turmeric and vinegar. Stir to combine.
- Crack one egg into a small bowl and gently ease into the water. Wait until the egg white is opaque before adding in the second egg (about 30 seconds).
- Cook the eggs for 4 minutes (or add two minutes for a firmer yolk).
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the eggs from the water. Set them onto a plate with paper towels to drain.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve on top of spiralized zucchini or a piece of gluten-free toast and enjoy!
Tip: To prep the night before, poach the eggs and immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water. Cover and chill in the fridge. When ready to enjoy, reheat in simmering water for one minute.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Apple Cider Vinegar (Bragg)
(You’ll Also Love: Baked Eggs in Tomato Cups Recipe)