Wrap tender shredded chicken with fresh zucchini for a low carb, keto meal packed with flavor.
These chicken enchiladas are perfect for serving large groups or meal prepping ahead of time. Shredded chicken is tossed in a keto-friendly enchilada sauce and wrapped in thin slices of crisp zucchini for a low carb meal.
Grilled chicken is prepped and shredded in advance for easy assembly. However, ground beef, sliced steak, or shredded pork can also be swapped in. When mixed with a tomato-based enchilada sauce, the meat takes on a seasoned flavor of cumin, smoked paprika, and garlic.
Wrapping the chicken in zucchini strips make a great alternative to tortillas. It adds plenty of fiber, vitamin-C, and potassium, while holding up to extra fillings. (1) If you want to add a kick of spice, try adding green chiles, bell peppers, or a bit of chopped onions. Shredded Paleo cauliflower cheese and Paleo sour cream are also great additions, if not following a strict keto diet.
Love slow cooker recipes?
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Slow-Cooker Recipes!
To get started, line the bottom of a casserole dish with parchment paper to prevent the enchiladas from sticking to the bottom. In a small bowl, stir together the tomato sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic, and sea salt. In a separate bowl, combine the shredded chicken with 2/3 cup of tomato sauce and reserve the rest for later. Stir well to coat the chicken and set aside.
Next, use a vegetable peeler to peel the zucchini into thin lengthwise strips. Lay three slices of zucchini on a cutting board, slightly overlapping and side-by-side. Top with 1/3 cup of chicken mixture and roll tightly. Place inside the casserole dish with seam side down. Repeat with remaining chicken and zucchini slices. Transfer casserole dish with completed rolls into the oven and bake for 12-15 minutes. Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and top with cilantro. Serve warm and enjoy!
Keto Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
Keto Chicken Zucchini Enchiladas
- 12” x 8” casserole dish
- Parchment paper
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- Vegetable peeler
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 t smoked paprika
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1 ½ lb chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line the bottom of a casserole dish with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl stir together tomato sauce, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and sea salt.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine shredded chicken with 2/3 cup of tomato sauce mixture. Stir well to coat chicken.
- Use a vegetable peeler to thinly slice zucchini lengthwise. Lay three slices of zucchini on a cutting board, slightly overlapping and side-by-side. Top with 1/3 cup of chicken mixture and roll tightly.
- Place the roll, seam side down, in a casserole dish. Repeat with remaining chicken and zucchini.
- Transfer rolls in casserole dish to the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes.
- Drizzle with remaining enchilada sauce and top with cilantro.
(You’ll Also Love: 27 Easy Low Carb and Keto Casserole Recipes)
80 Gourmet Paleo Recipes from
a Professional Chef trained at Le
Cordon Bleu in Paris
80 Gourmet Paleo Recipes
from a Professional Chef
trained at Le Cordon Bleu