Smother spicy, tender meatballs with tangy hot honey sauce in this deliciously healthy recipe.
If you’re looking for a new spin on meatballs, you’ve got to try this simple firecracker recipe. Easy to make, they cook up in under one hour and make the perfect appetizers or side dish to serve at parties. You can even enjoy them atop cauliflower rice or roasted veggies for a complete meal that’ll satisfy the entire family.
Made from ground chicken, these meatballs are coated in blanched almond flour to help bind the meatballs together and add a panko-like crunch.
Trying to figure out exactly what to eat on Paleo? Look no further than our FREE 21 Day Paleo Meal Plan.
Grab Our FREE Paleo Meal Plan By Clicking Here!
The buttery sauce is a simple, drool-worthy combination of honey, hot sauce (make sure to use a Paleo-friendly one), and ghee. Honey coats the chicken in a thick sticky layer, allowing them to absorb extra juices when simmering – making for perfectly tender meatballs.
To get started, create the sauce by stirring together the hot sauce, melted ghee, and honey in a small bowl. Set the sauce aside and begin combining all the meatball ingredients (except for the green onions and ghee) in a medium mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix the meat together and form the mixture into twenty small balls (each one measuring the size of a golf ball).
Next, set the meatballs onto a plate lined with parchment paper and set aside. Melt the ghee in a skillet over medium heat for two minutes, then add about eight meatballs to the pan. Allow them to cook for eight minutes, flipping halfway through. You’ll want to work in batches until all the remaining meatballs are completely cooked through.
When finished, return all the meatballs back to the pan and lower the heat to medium-low. Pour the sauce over the meatballs and let them simmer for 15 minutes. When ready, serve hot and garnish with chopped green onions.
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
Firecracker Chicken Meatballs
- Medium mixing bowl
- Parchment paper
- Medium skillet
- Small mixing bowl
For Firecracker Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Paleo hot sauce
- 2 T ghee, melted
- 2 T raw honey
- 1 lb. ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 t minced garlic
- 1 t paprika
- 1 T minced green onion
- 1/2 t sea salt
- 1/4 t red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1 T ghee for cooking
- To Make the Sauce: Stir together the hot sauce, melted ghee, and honey in a small bowl, then set aside.
- To Make the Meatballs: Combine the chicken, egg, almond flour, garlic, paprika, green onion, sea salt, and red pepper flakes in a medium mixing bowl. Use your hands to mix everything together.
- Form the mixture into small balls and set them onto a plate lined with parchment paper.
- Melt the ghee in a skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes and add 6 to 8 meatballs into the pan.
- Cook the meatballs for 8 minutes, flipping halfway through. Set the cooked ones aside and repeat with the remaining uncooked meatballs.
- When fully cooked, return all the meatballs back to the pan and lower the heat to medium-low.
- Pour the sauce over the meatballs and let them simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with chopped green onion.
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Ghee (Pure Indian Foods)
Raw honey (Bee Farms)
Almond flour (Hodgson Mill)
Paprika (Simply Organic)
Coarse sea salt (AztecSeaSalt)
Red pepper (Simply Organic)
(You’ll Also Love: Keto Avocado-Stuffed Chicken Meatballs)
80 Gourmet Paleo Recipes from
a Professional Chef trained at Le
Cordon Bleu in Paris
80 Gourmet Paleo Recipes
from a Professional Chef
trained at Le Cordon Bleu