Bring in the holiday cheer with cranberry jello shots made with grass-fed gelatin!
These festive jello shots are perfect for celebrating the holidays! Made without refined sugars, they make the perfect Paleo treat to satisfy any type of sweet tooth. Serve this red beauty at your next holiday party or as a fun treat at your next potluck.
Full of heart-healthy antioxidants, this foolproof dessert is made with cranberry juice and gut-healing gelatin as the base. The cranberry topping includes a mix of coconut sugar and monk fruit sweetener for a candied flavor.
Love Paleo Desserts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Dessert Cookbook.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Dessert Recipes!
To get started, pour the cranberry juice into a skillet and sprinkle gelatin over the juice. Let everything sit for two minutes before turning on the heat to medium low. Next, whisk the ingredients together until the gelatin is dissolved. Let the mixture slightly cool, then divide it into 20 shot glasses and place in the fridge to chill for at least three hours.
While the gelatin chills, combine the coconut sugar and water in a skillet until completely dissolved. Let the sugar mixture cool before using it to coat the fresh cranberries. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the coated cranberries onto a prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the monk fruit sweetener on top to fully coat, then chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. Top the jello shots with coconut sugared cranberries and serve!
Tip: For a boozy twist, decrease the cranberry juice to 3 cups and stir in 1 cup vodka after dissolving the gelatin.
Cranberry Jello Shots
Cranberry Jello Shots
- Large skillet
- 20 1.5 oz shot glasses
- Slotted spoon
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
For the Cranberry Jello Shots:
- 4 cups organic cranberry juice (no added sugars or preservatives)
- 1 oz unflavored grass-fed gelatin powder
For the Sugared Cranberries:
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- ¾ cup water
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- ½ cup monk fruit sweetener
- To Make the Cranberry Jello Shots: Pour cranberry juice into a large skillet (no heat). Sprinkle the gelatin powder over the juice, letting it sit for 2 minutes.
- Switch on the heat to medium low and stir for 5 minutes until the gelatin is completely dissolved. Cool slightly, then divide the mixture evenly into the shot glasses, filling them about ¾ of the way. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours
- To Make the Sugared Cranberries: Mix the coconut sugar with water in a skillet over medium heat. Stir until the coconut sugar is dissolved, then remove from heat. Let the mixture cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cooled, add the fresh cranberries and mix well to coat.
- Use a slotted spoon to transfer the coated cranberries to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Make sure to drain any excess liquid before transferring the cranberries.
- Sprinkle the monk fruit sweetener over the cranberries to fully coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until the sugar is hardened.
- When jello is set, top each shot with 4 sugared cranberries. Keep the jello shots chilled until ready to serve.
(You’ll Also Love: Dark Chocolate Covered Strawberry Parfait)
Black Forest Cake with Silky Chocolate Icing… and it’s 100% Paleo Friendly!
Black Forest Cake with
Silky Chocolate Icing…
and it’s 100% Paleo