Add a dreamy twist to your breakfast with this Paleo Crêpes Cake recipe stacked with layers of blueberry filling.
Didn’t think you could enjoy dessert for breakfast? Think again! This cake confection houses a blueberry cashew filling between each layer of golden-brown crêpes. Best of all, this gorgeous dish calls for only 10 ingredients from start to finish – most of which you might already have in your pantry!
Blanched almond flour creates a light crêpe texture while also adding a dose of healthy fats and fiber. Pasture-raised eggs bind the crêpes together, while the blueberry filling adds a vibrant pop of color and a boost of natural antioxidants.
Love Paleo Breakfasts? Then you’ll love our FREE Paleo Breakfast Recipes.
Click here to get your FREE copy of our delicious Breakfast Recipes!
To get started, prep the filling by heating water and blueberries in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook until bubbly, remove from the heat and slightly mash with a fork. Transfer the blueberry sauce into a blender with cashews and honey, making sure to scrape down the sides with a spatula. The texture should be smooth and creamy.
Tip: Keep this filling on-hand as a Paleo alternative to frosting or experiment with cacao, raspberries or a touch of vanilla to switch things up.
Next, combine the eggs and almond milk in a large mixing bowl. Whisk until smooth and then gradually add the flour, sea salt, and vanilla. Note: The batter should be slightly thinner than traditional pancake batter. Melt the ghee over medium heat in a skillet and use a ⅓ cup measure to pour the batter into the pan. Quickly swirl the skillet to evenly distribute the batter around the pan. Cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the edges are slightly crisp. No need to flip them as the crêpes are very thin. Use a spatula to gently lift the crêpe onto a serving plate.
Then, spread a thin layer of filling on top and repeat the stacking process until there is no more batter left. Garnish with extra berries on top and slice to unveil its heavenly layers.
Blueberry Crêpe Cake Recipe
Blueberry Crêpe Cake Recipe
- Small Saucepan
- Large Mixing bowl
- 6 large pasture-raised eggs
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond milk
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/8 t vanilla powder or extract
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 t ghee, melted
For Blueberry Cashew Filling:
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight and drained
- 2 T raw honey
- For the Filling: Add the blueberries to a small saucepan with a 1/4 cup of water over medium / low heat and cook until bubbly. Remove from the heat and mash in a saucepan with a fork. Add the cooked blueberries, cashews and honey to a food processor and blend until smooth and creamy for about 30 seconds and set aside.
- For the Crêpes: In a separate bowl, combine the eggs and almond milk. Whisk until smooth and gradually stir in the almond flour, sea salt, and vanilla.
- Grease a medium skillet with ghee over medium heat. Drop in a 1/3 cup of batter and rotate to spread and cover the pan. Cook for 3 - 4 minutes.
- Set the crêpe onto a serving plate using a spatula. Spread a thin layer of filling on top. Repeat with the remaining crêpes and filling mixtures until all is complete.
(You’ll Also Love: Blueberry ‘Oatmeal’ Breakfast Cake)