These homemade treats are made with antioxidant dark chocolate in an ice cube tray!
Made with just 4 ingredients, this chocolate candy is free of refined sugar, oil, and artificial ingredients found in store bought candies. With only 5 minutes of prep work, this homemade candy is the easiest dessert you will ever make. An ice cube tray is the trick to getting them to look fancy, when in fact, they’re deceivingly simple to make.
Start by heating the almond milk, cocoa powder and vanilla extract in a saucepan, then pour over a handful of dark chocolate chips to melt them. It’s the easiest way to melt chocolate chips and makes them super creamy and decadent. Transfer the chocolate mixture to an ice cube tray, freeze and devour. It’s really that simple!
Ice Cube Tray Dark Chocolate
- 3 cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk
- 2 T unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ t chocolate or vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Optional: cinnamon, cardamom, nutmeg, allspice, espresso powder, coconut oil
- Heat a medium saucepan on medium heat. Add milk, cocoa powder and chocolate extract. Whisk the ingredients together constantly for 5 minutes until thick and frothy. Turn off the heat.
- Add dark chocolate chips to a heatproof (glass or metal) bowl, then pour the hot milk mixture over the chips. Whisk the chips until they melt completely.
- Transfer the mixture to an ice cube tray (make sure the chocolate isn’t hot), dividing it evenly among each cavity.
- Place in the freezer 3-4 hours, or until hardened. Remove from the ice cube tray to enjoy.
Tip: Add a teaspoon of espresso powder and coconut oil to the recipe for extra rich and silky smooth chocolate.
(You’ll Also Love: Coconut Milk Ice Cubes Recipe)