These dark chocolate haystacks are a quick no-bake snack that chocoholics will love!
Made with dried fruit, nuts, coconut, and chocolate, these Paleo treats are fast and easy to make. The prep work for these dark chocolate haystacks takes 20 minutes or less, and there’s zero baking. Simply melt the chocolate, stir in the mixings, freeze, and eat. Baking doesn’t get any easier than that!
For these dark chocolate haystacks, we used walnuts and raisins, but feel free to swap them with your favorite nuts and dried fruit. It’s versatile enough that even the pickiest of eaters will be satisfied.
The most important part about this recipe is using a high-quality chocolate that’s at least 70% dark chocolate. That way, you’ll get a healthy boost of antioxidants with a rich, decadent flavor.
Crunchy, nutty, and bursting with salty, chocolatey flavors, this cookie-esque treat makes a great snack or dessert. It’s perfect for satisfying a sweet tooth, and easy enough to make in a hurry.
Zero-Baking Dark Chocolate Haystacks
- Baking sheet
- Parchment paper
- Glass bowl (large enough to fit over saucepan)
- Medium bowl
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- ½ T coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Dash of sea salt
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper.
- Place dark chocolate chips and coconut oil in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with water. Make sure the surface of the water doesn’t touch the bottom of the bowl. Bring the water to a simmer.
- Stir in chocolate chips and coconut oil. As soon as they start to melt, turn off the heat. Set aside to cool.
- In a separate medium bowl, stir together nuts, dried fruit, and shredded coconut. Then add the mixture to the melted chocolate, and stir to combine.
- Form haystacks by scooping 2 tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle each one with sea salt.
- Before eating, place in the freezer for a minimum of one hour
(You’ll Also Love: Ice Cube Tray Dark Chocolate)