Cooking a healthy, wholesome dinner just got easier with this One-Pan Cajun Chicken and Cauliflower Rice recipe!
This stovetop meal is a cinch to make and even easier to clean up. Combining cajun spice, juicy chicken, and cauliflower rice, this one-pan wonder can be made in under 30 minutes! Serve as a complete meal you can enjoy any time of the week while packing in a healthy dose of nutrients!
Riced cauliflower replaces traditional rice for a grain-free dish that includes heaps of antioxidants. It’s made by adding cauliflower florets to a food processor and pulsing until finely crumbled. For easier prep, you can also purchase it pre-crumbled at many supermarkets. Along with being high in vitamin C, it also helps fight against free-radicals and can boost your immune system. (1)
Trying to figure out exactly what to eat on Paleo? Look no further than our FREE 21 Day Paleo Meal Plan.
Grab Our FREE Paleo Meal Plan By Clicking Here!
Using chicken breast tenders adds a timesaving advantage since they typically come pre-sliced. Along with saving on prep work, it also cooks quicker than whole chicken breasts and comes loaded with protein-rich nutrients. When shopping for poultry, always opt for pasture-raised brands to help reduce the risk of added hormones or steroids.
Combining the chicken with dried herbs and spices transforms this recipe into a mouthwatering meal. The cajun blend can be prepped ahead of time and stored in a small jar for easy access. Use it as a dry rub on roasted veggies, fish, or meats before grilling or roasting.
To get started, stir together the spices in a small bowl. Divide the mixture in half and set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, add the chicken tenders and blot dry with a paper towel. Note: This step is important and will allow the herbs to stick to the chicken while reducing the amount of liquid during the cooking process. Season the chicken tenders with half of the spice mixture and use your hands to thoroughly coat.
Next, use a cast iron pan and heat one tablespoon of ghee over medium heat for one minute. Add the seasoned chicken tenders and cook for five minutes on each side. When finished, remove from the pan and set aside onto a plate.
Then, reduce the heat to medium-low and add in the remaining ghee and chopped bell peppers. Cook for one minute to begin softening the peppers and then add the cauliflower rice with the remaining cajun spices. Continue stirring for five minutes or until the cauliflower has fully softened. Add the chicken tenders back to the pan and cook for three minutes to heat through. Serve warm and enjoy!
One-Pan Cajun Chicken + Cauliflower Rice
One-Pan Cajun Chicken + Cauliflower Rice
- 10-inch cast iron pan
- Small mixing bowl
- Medium mixing bowl
- 2 t paprika
- 1 t sea salt
- 1 t dried thyme
- 1/2 t dried oregano
- 1/4 t garlic powder
- 1/4 t onion powder
- 1/8 t ground cayenne pepper
- 1 lb. pasture-raised chicken breast tenders
- 3 T ghee, divided
- 1 small bell pepper, finely chopped (¾ cup)
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- In a small bowl, stir together all the spices to makes the cajun blend. Divide the mixture in half.
- Blot the chicken tenders dry with a paper towel and add to a medium mixing bowl. Season with half of the spice mixture and use your hands to thoroughly coat.
- Heat one tablespoon of ghee over medium heat for one minute in a medium skillet. Add the chicken tenders and cook them for five minutes on each side. When finished, remove from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Reduce the skillet to medium-low heat and add in the remaining ghee and bell pepper. Cook for one minute to soften the peppers, then add the cauliflower rice and remaining cajun spices. Continue to stir and cook for five minutes.
- Add the chicken tenders back to the pan and cook for three minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Looking for Paleo ingredients? Here are a few we’d recommend:
Paprika (Simply Organic)
Sea salt (REDMOND)
Thyme (Simply Organic)
Garlic powder (Frontier)
Onion powder (365 Everyday Value)
Ghee (Pure Indian Foods)
(You’ll Also Love: One-Pan Crispy Chicken Thighs and Tomato Cauliflower Rice)