Creamy homemade chocolate, sweet cranberries, and crunchy pistachios—all in one homemade white chocolate bark!
Most store-bought white chocolate comes loaded with unhealthy additives and artificial ingredients. Luckily, it’s easy to make your own at home—while keeping it dairy-free and naturally sweetened.
You can get cocoa butter from health stores. Just make sure it’s food-grade, as it’s often also used in skin care products.
Making your own chocolate doesn’t require any special equipment (not even a candy thermometer!). And it just takes 10 minutes to prepare. Simply melt the cocoa butter, and blend together the rest of the ingredients. Then pour it all into a tray lined with parchment paper. From there, just let it chill in the refrigerator, and enjoy!
The cocoa butter mixture will be light gold in color. And as it firms up, it transforms into a light ivory. Cranberries and pistachios pair perfectly with this Paleo-friendly white chocolate. You can also try adding cinnamon, chili, or your favorite fruits (fresh or dried).
White Chocolate Bark with Cranberries and Pistachios
- 1 cup melted cocoa butter
- 1/4 cup cashew butter
- 3 T raw honey
- 1 vanilla bean (seeds only)
- 1/8 t salt
- 1/3 cup shelled, unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Line a 9 x 13” rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Coarsely chop dried cranberries and pistachios. Set aside.
- In a double boiler, add cocoa butter. Stir gently and melt completely (or about 5 minutes).
- Remove cocoa butter from heat. Add cashew butter, honey, salt, and vanilla seeds. Stir until combined.
- Add mixture to a blender and blend for about 30 seconds. (This step prevents the ingredients from separating as they chill.)
- Spread mixture onto prepared pan in an even layer. Sprinkle with cranberries and pistachios.
- Place tray in freezer, and set for 1 hour. Remove from freezer, roughly chop into pieces, and enjoy!
Tip: This recipe is perfect as a healthy sweet treat. And it makes for an elegant, edible gift!
(You’ll Also Love: Dark Chocolate Pistachio Bark)