This avocado-topped, Mexican-inspired tamale pizza is your new dinnertime game changer.
This pizza isn’t just any pizza, though. The batter is spiced with a homemade blend of Mexican-inspired seasonings that smell delicious when you bake with it. The baking infuses the pizza crust with those amazing spicy flavors so every time you take a bite, you get a kick of heat in your mouth!
Top the pizza with diced tomatoes and nutritional yeast, and bake under the broiler for a few minutes. This will melt the nutritional yeast so you get a dairy-free “cheesy” effect. Then remove from the oven and top with your favorite ingredients: shredded cabbage, diced jalapeño, sliced avocado, extra salsa and hot sauce, to name a few! The warm flavors balance out the thick, savory tamale pizza crust and ooze out with every bite.
This Tamale Pizza makes a simple, 20-minute dinner. Perfect for a quick meal, appetizer or snack!
Tamale Pizza with Coconut Flour Crust
- Cast iron skillet with lid
- Medium bowl
For the pizza crust:
- 2 T coconut flour
- 1 T baking soda
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ t paprika
- ¼ t chili powder
- ¼ t garlic powder
- ¼ t onion powder
- ¼ t dried oregano
- 1 T coconut oil
For the toppings:
- ½ cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ½ cup green cabbage, sliced
- Bring a cast iron skillet with coconut oil to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg whites for 1-2 minutes until frothy. Then whisk in coconut flour, baking soda and seasonings until fully combined.
- Transfer mixture into preheated skillet and spread into an even layer. Cover and cook 4-5 minutes until the bottom sets up a bit. Then with a spatula, flip and cook uncovered another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, spread diced tomatoes over the crust, and sprinkle the nutritional yeast on top.
- Turn the broiler on high, and then place the skillet under the broiler for 4 minutes to melt the nutritional yeast.
- Remove from the oven and top with jalapeños, cabbage and avocado. Slice into quarters, serve and enjoy!
(You’ll Also Love: ‘Cheesy’ Pesto Pizza)