This Sweet Short Ribs dinner is ideal if you are busy during the day and have minimal time to prep in the evening. Or if you simply want a hearty short rib. If you are cooking for more people just add the extra required per person as there will no doubt be someone who wants their own sweet short rib to enjoy.
Sweet Short Ribs with Star Anise and Ginger
- 1 beef short rib
- 2 small red onions
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 2 star anise
- 1 tbsp honey
- Prep the ingredients.
- Chop the onion and crush the garlic cloves.
- Add the beef short rib to the slow cooker.
- Add the onions, garlic, ginger, star anise and honey on top.
- Add approx. 1 inch depth of water from the base of the pot.
- Put the lid on and set the cooker to auto for 6 to 8 hours.
- When ready to eat season the meat.
- Serve with preferred vegetables.