These tasty and satisfying sweet potato skins are perfect Paleo appetizer or even served as a side dish. They are fully loaded and melt in your mouth!
Sweet Potato Skins
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 2 inches in diameter)
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons guacamole
- Thoroughly wash and scrub the sweet potatoes, then pat dry with a clean dish towel.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees and lightly grease a baking sheet with coconut oil.
- Using a basting brush, brush the skins of the sweet potatoes with the melted coconut oil and place on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from oven and let cool at least 15 minutes or until cool enough to handle.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees. Lay bacon slices on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until they reach desired doneness. Remove from the oven and lay on a paper towel to cool.
- Once the sweet potatoes are cooled enough to handle, raise oven temperature to 400 degrees. Slice sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Using a spoon scoop out some of the innards so that you are left with ½ inch of the sweet potato still in the skin.
- Place the sweet potatoes open-side down on the baking sheet and bake for 6 minutes.
- Flip and bake for 6 minutes, skin-side down.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Crumble bacon slices on top of the potato skins, sprinkle with chopped green onions, and scoop a spoonful of guacamole on top.
- Serve & enjoy.